Human beings are designed to be influenced by their environment. That should tell you that having a disorganized office whether at home or in your organization will automatically affect your productivity. If you are looking for one way to boost your productivity and focus in your work life, then you have to equip your desk and organize it in the best design possible.
Your desk doesn’t need to be equipped with expensive and flashy accessories to enable you to be productive; simple but classic accessories can improve your workspace aesthetics which eventually will lead to productivity. But why have these tools?
Importance of Desk Accessories
• They make work easier – although we are in a digital era, tools like pens will always have their place in your office for easy and quick jotting down.
• They enhance your productivity – there is a motivation that accessories create in one’s mind which makes them be more productive.
• They are for aesthetic purposes – everyone wants to work in a beautiful and outstanding office and accessories can accomplish that successfully.
• To keep in pace with technology – days are gone when we had one old fashioned type setter machine in the secretary’s office making noise in the entire organization. We are in a digital age and your office should be equipped with the latest technology.
• For comfort and professionalism – you want to work in an office where you can reach anything easily without struggling. You also look like you know what you are doing.
• They safe time – time is everything in our offices and wasting it means no injections into our banks.
So which are these desk accessories that will guarantee comfort, time-saving, and productivity in your office?
- Pens and their Holder
Your computer or laptop may not always enable you to jot contacts and email addresses fast; because you just need to be fast in jotting down somethings. Your pen will enable you to get it right for the first time. Again you cannot trust your mind so much to remember that meeting place with your client.
- Notebook, Journal, and stickers
A diary or a journal in form of a notebook will do you no harm especially when jotting down an appointment, time or a lunch date. Although modern technology has diaries and notebooks you need something more reliable that cannot crash and lose all the data. Stickers can be great for quick reminders.
- A speaker
If your work involves transcribing or listening to other audio files, then you don’t want to use the unclear inbuilt laptop speakers. Besides, if you are a fan of listening to music while working then you need to have such desk accessories.
Sometimes your colleagues want to concentrate on their work while on the other hand; you enjoy working while background music is running. The best way to avoid disturbing them is by owning a high-quality headset which you can easily get from headsetplus.
- Stress balls
Things will not always work out the way you wanted and sometimes you may become stressed which will affect your productivity negatively. In such a situation, you should reach out to that game cube or that stress balls to release stress and bring calmness. This is one of the desk accessories you should never miss in your office.
- File Holders
Sometimes things can look very messy when papers are all over your desk. Definitely, you will feel demoralized because of the disorganization. You can easily clean that desk by having file holders in place that will carry all your files and keep them in order.
This can be a great way of advertising your brand and avoid staining your table and files. Either way, you will keep your coffee or soda in place while working and avoiding messing important files. You can also label your coasters with a motivational quote to keep you motivated.
- A clock
Time is moving and so is money. The tick-tack of that clock should be reminding you not to waste any single minute being unproductive. If you are in a job where you need to be time conscious, then you can’t avoid having a clock on your desk.
- A photo frame
Sometimes you just want to feel motivated by the smile of your spouse and kids. In this frame, this is where to place their photos especially if you stay for months before seeing them. You will be motivated to work so as to keep them smiling always.
- Smartphone and its holder
Smartphones can be slippery at times yet you need to answer a client. You might also end up misplacing them under files, that’s why you need a holder to keep it in reach and in place. You may also need a cord for charging purposes while it is still in the stand.
As you can see you don’t have to break a bank to be comfortable in your office and boost your productivity. Visit online and onsite outlets like headsetplus, electronic shops, and book shops to get most of the above desk accessories. They will inspire you to improve your work life while keeping your office organized and colorful.