BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– Hudson Lyric Opera Company production of Mozart’s “The Magic Flute” set for June 16 opening at Trinity United Methodist Church. Matinee 2 p.m. performances on Saturdays, June 16 & 23 and Sundays, June 17 & 24. Call Rosalinda Perez at 845-709-2273 or go to www.hudsonlyricoperacompany.org.
– A tribute to Johnny Maestro and the Brooklyn Bridge at Westchester Broadway Theatre in Elmsford, Tuesday, May 22. A 50th anniversary celebration of the forming of the famous musical group. All the Brooklyn Bridge songs you love. Contact broadwaytheatre.com or call 914-592-2222. Dinner and concert. “Sister Act” continues on main-stage. Coming next lots of tap dancing in the great “Anything Goes.”
– The West Point Band in concert Sunday, May 20 at 2 p.m. at Eisenhower Hall Theatre Free and a tribute to the United States Armed Forces. Will include Leonard Bernstein’s suite from “On The Waterfront” and marches by John Phillip Sousa and Karl King. Information at 845-938-2617.
– Rockland Theatre Company’s Junior Cast for “The Wizard of Oz” now forming for grades 5-8 Monday, June 25 to Friday, July 14. Performances on July 14 and 15. Contact email@example.com
– Shades Repertory Theatre, Garnerville fundraiser at Levity Live Comedy Club at Palisades Center Mall, West Nyack May 23 at 8 p.m. with local and nationally known comics. Sponsored by Rockland Welcome Committee. Call 845-675-8044.
– Mark St. Germain’s “Relativity,” a play about Albert Einstein, starts May 18 at Penguin Repertory Theatre, Stony Point. Contact penguintepertorytheater.org or call 845-786-2873.
– Women Dine for a Cause at Garner Art Center, Garnerville, on May 9, a benefit for the Center’s education program. Garner Arts Festival takes place May 19 and 20, 11 a.m. to almost midnight, rain or shine.
– Woody Allen’s “Don’t Drink the Water” at Antrim Playhouse, Wesley Hills weekends June 24 to 30. Go to antrimplayhouse.com.
– Bob Dylan Songfest, a Borderline Folk Music Club Fundraiser Wednesday, May 27 from 1:30 – 4 p.m. at Nanuet Library featuring Gary Solomon and the Band Band. Contact borderline folkmusic club.org.
– Tribute to the Drifters and the Platters at Westchester Broadway Theatre, Elmsford Tuesday, June 5, dinner and concert. A nostalgic night of musical hits. Broadwaytheatre.com or 914-592-2222.