Rockland County District Attorney Thomas P. Zugibe announced on March 27, 2018 that Jonathan Fernando Castillo-Armijos, age 21, of 8 Sholom Court in Spring Valley, has been arraigned on an indictment charging him with:
- Two counts of rape in the first degree, a class “B” Felony
- Two counts of rape in the third degree, a class “E” Felony
- One count of assault in the first degree, a class “B” Violent Felony
- One count of assault in the second degree, a class “D” Felony
- One count of criminal sexual act in the first degree, a class “B” Felony
- One count of criminal sexual act in the third degree, a class “E” Felony
He was charged in connection with the repeated sexual assault of a teenaged victim and the assault of an infant.
“The allegations in this case are very disturbing,” said District Attorney Zugibe. “The defendant is accused of viciously violating a 16-year-old girl, with the teen’s infant also suffering extensively at the hands of this predator. He now faces significant jail time for his sickening actions.”
Over a three-month period from December 1, 2017 to March 14, 2018, the defendant is accused of forcibly raping a 16-year-old girl on multiple occasions. At the time of the alleged attacks, the victim was living in the same residence as Castillo-Armijos.
According to the charges, the defendant additionally assaulted the victim’s 4-month-old baby boy, who had been transported to the Westchester Medical Center for treatment of serious injuries. Examination of the infant disclosed a fractured tibia, two fractured ribs and subdural hematomas, which required brain surgery to relief the buildup of pressure in his skull.
Following an investigation by the Spring Valley Police Department, Castillo-Armijos was arrested.
The defendant was remanded to Rockland County Jail on $500,000 bail. His next court appearance is pending.
He faces a maximum of 25 years in state prison on the top count of the indictment.