BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– Opening of “Darkness Breaks” works by Diane Churchill this Thursday, March 16, 6:30 p.m. at Industrial Arts Brewing Company at Garner Arts Center, Garnerville. Music by Mary Doherty. Contact garnerartscenter.org.
– ArtsRock producing Songs Of Protest Two at the Ritterhouse Auditorium, Old Nyack High School [BOCES]. After-party at Maura’s Kitchen. Old Number 7 Band doing Crosby, Stills and Nash and Frankie D performing “What’s Going On” and more. Producers Jeffrey Freidberg and Elliott Forest. Event is April 11 at 7:30 p.m. at BOCES Theater. Contact artsrock.org.
– Run The Rock fundraiser Thursday, March 16, 6 to 9 p.m. at The Place, New City. 191 South Main Street supporting Rockland County veterans. Contact Carol at ccoiro2@subyrocklandedu or 845-574-4796.
– “Sister Act” coming to Westchester Broadway Theatre, Elmsford in April. “A Chorus Line” on mainstage now. “Cirque Viva,” Monday, April 9. Contact 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.
– “A Night of Dancing” at Coupe Studio, Nanuet Friday, March 17 with the Swingadelic Band produced by Arts Council of Rockland. Contact artscouncilrockland.org.
– “Blackbird” on stage at Garner Arts Center March 29, 30 and 31 produced by Shades Repertory Theater, a fundraiser for the Rockland Welcome Committee. Contact shadesrep.org.or call 845-675-8044.
– “Stick Fly” at Elmwood Playhouse weekends through April 7 directed by Joe Albert Lima. Contact elmwoodplayhouse.com or 845-353-1313.
– “Breaking Legs” opens at Antrim Playhouse, Wesley Hills March 23. Contact antrimplayhouse.com.
– Spotlight on Hunger food drive starts April 16 and goes on through June 15 in the lobby at Westchester Broadway Theatre in Elmsford. Look for the collection boxes with canned and boxed foods welcome to help St. Bartholomew’s Soup Kitchen, Westchester Lifting Up and Our Lady Of Mt. Carmel Food Pantry. Contact 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.
– Borderline Folk Music Club presenting Banjoist Happy Traum in his show “Coming Of Age In The Greenwich Village Folk Revival”at Nanuet Library next Sunday, March 25, 1:30 p.m. Contact Greta at email@example.com.