BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– Mardi Gras in Nyack! Concert and party with New Orleans Music, Cajun food, beads and drinks. Saturday, February 10, 8 p.m. at the Nyack Center brought to you by ArtsRock. Food from Nyack’s own Chris Spezial and Nyack Gourmet. Also, this Saturday at 2 p.m. Low Sensory Family Show with the Grand Falloons at the Nyack Center. Contact artsrock.org.
– Borderline Folk Music Club presenting Happy Traum’s “Coming of Age in the Greenwich Village Folk Revival.” Set for Sunday, March 25, 1:30 p.m. at the Nanuet Library. Contact Greta at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Traum is a 5-decade veteran of folk music and performs on guitar and 5-string banjo. A legend.
– A British Invasion Valentine’s Day celebration Wednesday, February 14 at Westchester Broadway Theatre, Elmsford. Dinner and Concert. St. Patricks Day Celebration Tuesday March 13. Call 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.
– “A Chorus Line” continues on mainstage at Westchester Broadway Theatre through early April. Rated Four Stars by the Rockland County Times. Call 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.
– Shades Repertory Theatre presenting “The Burning Of New York” February 15,16 and 17 at the Garner Arts Center, Garnerville observing Black History Month. Call 845-271-4295.
– Rockland Symphony Orchestra performing a winter concert March 4 at 4 p.m. at Rose Concert Hall, Green Meadow School, Chestnut Ridge. It will feature Dvorack’s New World Symphony. Go to rocklandsymphony.org.
– My Own Little Gallery in Nyack presents “Painting With Thread and Light” with scenes and portrait by Donna Timm, atmospheric photo essays by Bern Cohen and surrealist photo works by Eugene Lagana. Reception 4 – 6 p.m. at 142 Main Street, Nyack.
– Rockland Theatre Company presents “Mary Poppins Jr. and “Seussical” this April. Go to rocklandtheatre.co.com for information and tickets.
BY GEORGE J. DACRE