PSA FROM COUNTY HEALTH DEPT.
Do you have a chronic health condition, such as arthritis, asthma, diabetes, lung disease, heart disease, stroke, or osteoporosis, that is stopping you from doing the things that you want to do? If yes, then County Health Commissioner Dr. Patricia Schnabel Ruppert encourages you to sign up now for the Health Department’s free six-session workshop series called Better Choices Better Health.
“You will learn the new skills you need to better manage your health and improve the quality of your life,” said Dr. Ruppert.
Each participant in the workshop receives a copy of the book, Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions, and an audio relaxation CD, Time for Healing. The workshop content includes:
- decision-making and problem-solving skills
- developing and maintaining a safe and long-term physical activity program
- managing fatigue, pain, and stress, and dealing with anger, depression, and other difficult emotions
- communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- eating healthy and managing weight
- making informed treatment decisions and planning for future health care
- and much more!
The next program begins Wednesday, March 8 from 1 – 3:30 p.m. in Spring Valley. Call 845-364-2500 for more information and to register.