Children and their families can experience the magic of the holiday season this year with a visit to the Santa Photo Experience at The Shops at Nanuet. The attractions offers a chance for children to visit and be photographed with Santa beginning Friday, November 25, running through Christmas Eve Saturday, December 24 in the indoor area between Regal Cinemas and Macy’s.
“One of the great traditions of holiday shopping at The Shops at Nanuet is the annual family visit to the Simon Santa Photo Experience,” said Briana Puncar, director of marketing and business development at The Shops at Nanuet. “I know Santa can’t wait to greet children bringing him their holiday wishes.”
The Shops at Nanuet also will provide children with special needs and their families an opportunity to enjoy a carefully managed Santa photo experience in a sensory-friendly environment through the Caring Santa program. Caring Santa will occur on Sunday, December 4 prior to mall opening. Guests can register in advance at simon.com/caringsanta.Carin
g Santa events have expanded from seven Simon malls in 2011 to 110 Simon malls today, a new high, reflecting the positive impact of this unique program.
Pet Photo Night also returns to the Simon Santa Photo Experience on Sunday, December 11. Other holiday festivities to be featured this year at The Shops at Nanuet include:
- On Black Friday, November 25, kick off the holidays with the sounds of the season provided by a professional DJ. In addition there will be free face painting for children.
- The Shops at Nanuet is proud to ring in the holiday season with its Holiday Tree Lighting ceremony on Friday, December 2, starting at 6:30 p.m. Guests can enjoy live entertainment from local organizations and enjoy an appearance from the Jolly Old Elf himself during this special event that brings the community together.
- Families can participate in Breakfast with Santa on Saturday, December 10. Check simon.com for details.
- Celebrate Hanukkah with a Menorah Lighting event on Monday, December 26
- Bells will be ringing as the Salvation Army kettle campaign begins on 11/18-12/24 and has a presence through the holiday season.
- Gift wrapping with proceeds benefitting People to People will be available in the indoor area between Regal Cinemas and Macy’s, on December 3, 4, 10, 11, 17 and 18 from 12-4 p.m.
- Visitors can give back to children in need as People to People presents its Giving Tree event hosted by The Shop at Nanuet. From November 25 through December 18, shoppers can pick an ornament off the tree containing the name of a child and their wish for the holiday. Packages can be returned to the People to People volunteers at their Gift Wrapping station on the weekends or at the People to People office Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.Guests to every Simon Photo Experience will have another opportunity to share Santa’s heart by making a donation via The Noerr Programs to Save the Children. For nearly 100 years, this non-profit has given underserved children in the U.S. a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. Since this program began five years ago, Noerr has collected over $1,000,000 largely due to the generosity of Simon shoppers.