PRESS RELEASE FROM DEPT. OF HEALTH
Do you have a chronic health concern that is stopping you from living your life to its fullest? Have you tried to lose weight but have not been able to keep it off? Do you have concerns about falling? If you answered yes to any of these questions, Rockland County Executive Ed Day and County Health Commissioner Dr. Patricia Schnabel Ruppert recommend that you take one of the Health Department’s workshop series to help you reach your goal of living a healthier lifestyle. You’ll gain the skills you need to better manage your ongoing health conditions, make lifestyle changes to lose weight, prevent a fall and improve the quality of your life.
Better Choices Better Health: Managing Ongoing Health Conditions: Our free six-session workshop series will show you new skills to better manage your ongoing health conditions and improve the quality of your life. For more information or to register, call 364-2501.
- Wednesdays, from 9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m., March 9 to April 13, 2016, in New City
Diabetes Prevention Program: Learn how you can prevent or delay type 2 diabetes if you are at risk for diabetes or have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes. For more information or to register, call 364-2501. The next free 16-session workshop series begin:
- Thursday, January 21, 2016, from 9:30 – 10:30 a.m., in Nyack or
- Tuesday, March 1, 2106, from 2:15 – 3:15 p.m., in Garnerville or
- Wednesday, June 15, 2016, from 5:15 – 6:15 p.m., in Pomona
Living Well With Diabetes: Learn how to better self-manage your type 2 diabetes and reduce the risk of complications. For more information or to register, call 364-2501. Choose one of the following free six-week sessions:
- Tuesdays, from 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., January 19 to February 23, 2016, in Nanuet or
- Mondays, from 12:30 – 3 p.m., February 29 to April 4, 2016, in Congers
Lose to Win Weight Loss Program: Ready to lose weight? This program uses the latest guidelines to help you lose weight safely and successfully. There is a $10 fee due at the time of registration. Call 786-3800 Ext. 18 or 19 to register. The next free eight-week program will be held:
- Thursdays, January 14 to March 3, 2016, from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. in Garnerville.
A Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns About Falls: Our free eight-week fall-prevention program can help you learn to reduce your fear and risk of falling, and simple exercises to increase your strength and balance. For more information or to register, call 364-2501. The next programs will be held:
- Mondays, from 10 a.m. – 12 noon, April 4 to May 23, 2016, in Valley Cottage or
- Tuesdays, from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m., April 19 to June 7, 2016, in New City