River Vale, NJ — Edgewood Country Club has unveiled new plans to renovate the 60-year-old club to improve and beautify the facilities, while delivering brand new amenities and services to create a brand new club experience for existing and new members. Bruce Schonbraun and Eric Witmondt, representing the club’s owners, the Schonbraun and Witmondt families respectively, recently presented their plan to more than 300 club members and prospective members at an Open House event on October 13, 2015.
“Our goal is to revitalize Edgewood’s already-fantastic facilities to create a best-in-class country club experience for golfers and their families,” noted Schonbraun, who, with Witmondt, assumed ownership of the club in April 2015.
Among the renovation plans that were detailed to Open House attendees are:
• A New Midway Bar & Grill, located at the turn of the golf course, will be vastly improved with indoor and outdoor dining and bar areas, a beautiful patio with a fire pit, lounge furniture and an added card room.
• A brand new golf operations building that will combine the golf Pro Shop and Bag Room will overlook the driving range.
• New heated hitting bays to improve the winter golf options and teaching facilities so members can enjoy golf all year round.
• A new grand lobby and entrance hall for the main Clubhouse to welcome members and their guests that suggests that a best-in-class country club experience awaits them.
• Renovations to the Clubhouse’s main bar area, as well as new furniture and finishes throughout the dining and lobby spaces.
• A new lounge area and entrance to member locker rooms.
• The addition of a kids’ splash zone and new playground, an upgrade of the poolside cabanas with the addition of televisions and fans to create the feel of a luxury resort pool experience.