|While fall is quickly approaching and students are heading back to school, The Shops at Nanuet is preserving summer with outdoor, musical entertainment through October 1. The Summer Concert Series, sponsored by Fairway Market in association with Tiara Jewelers, Nyack Hospital and The Journal News, presents free, live performances every Thursday from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
The Summer Concert Series will include performances from the following bands:
- September 3 – Tequila Muscle Blues Band (TMBB), formerly known as Rantin’ and Ravin’, plays an energetic and contemporary sounding mix of Soul, R&B, and Blues. Growing out of the active tri-state area band and jam session scene, this six piece group puts a funky twist on classic material drawing from the great repertoires of Sam & Dave, Etta James, Stevie Ray Vaughn and many others.
- September 10 – The Temple Dudes: Based out of New City, New York, The Temple Dudes perform a wide assortment of semi-acoustic and electric Classic Rock and Folk music. Cover songs range from artists such as John Lennon, The Beatles and James Taylor to Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin.
- September 17 – Country Fresh: Playing the freshest songs in today’s modern country music scene, Country Fresh delivers a high energy show packed with country twang and southern charm.
- September 24 – Joe D’Urso & Stone Caravan: An American, Jersey Shore, rock and roll band that tours internationally, Joe D’Urso & Stone Caravan have performed on thousands of stages in 24 countries and attract fans worldwide.
- October 1 – Better Than Bowling: Showcasing an uncommon blend of rock and roll, R&B, blues and classic rock, Better Than Bowling’s motto is “It’s our job to make life fun…for a couple of hours, anyway.” The ensemble entertains with original music and covers by Eric Clapton, Tom Petty, Bonnie Raitt, Van Morrison and more.
These tips will help concert goers during visits:
1. Seating is limited so event attendees are encouraged to bring their own folding chairs.
2. While Fashion Drive is closed, it is recommended that guests park in the back of the property and use the escalator by Regal Cinemas to access shops and the concert area.
3. Guests can arrive early, stay late and take advantage of an array of special food sampling by the center’s restaurants and eateries, which will vary each week.
4. Retailers lululemon athletica and 24 Hour Fitness will host outdoor exercise classes each week just prior to the start of the concerts, 5 – 6 p.m.