FROM TAPPAN ZEE CONSTRUCTORS
· Tappan Zee Constructors, LLC (TZC) continues to investigate what caused the failure of a material silo on one of the project’s two barge-mounted floating concrete batch plants.
· TZC has safely removed the damaged concrete batch plant from the project site.
· All other construction activities will continue on the project.
· TZC is working closely with all appropriate authorities on the investigation, including the New York State Thruway Authority and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
· The incident began at approximately 6:45 a.m. this morning (Tuesday December 16) when the first silo collapsed and then at approximately 10 a.m. the other two connected silos collapsed onto the barge deck.
· No one was injured.