BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– The Antrim Players and Helen Hayes Youth Theatre are working on the upcoming Christmas musical “A Christmas Carol-The Musical” to be presented at Antrim Playhouse, opening November 29 and running weekends through December 23. It will be directed by Michael Gosselin. Marty Andreas, president of Antrim, will be playing Scrooge.
– “South Pacific” continues on mainstage at Westchester Broadway Theatre in Elmsford. Double bill, tributes to the Platters and the Drifters at WBT, Tuesday, November 11. Dinner and show. The Glenn Miller orchestra will be coming to WBT on December 9. Tickets at broadwaytheatre.com or 914-592-2222.
– Shades Repertory Theatre in Haverstraw will hold an Artist’s Appreciation gathering November 8 at 8 p.m.; a fundraiser for the Youth Theater at New Main and Hudson. Readings of upcoming productions, poetry, monologues, music and art with cuisine from Haverstraws finest eateries. 845-675-8044 for information.
– Rivertown Film in Nyack takes a look at “Pecha Kucha” or chit chat Saturday, November 8 with 15 artists appearing. It will be at the Nyack Center (Broadway and Depew) at 8 p.m. with Nyack Mayor Jen White as emcee. Information at 845-353-2568.
– Nyack Village Theatre opening “Alfred Hitchcock Presents” on Halloween. Three one acts produced by Richard Quinn. Box office 201-694-0610.
– “George Washington Slept Here” by the Tappan Players at the historic Manse Barn, November 1 and 2 at 2:30 p.m. Call 845-623-4521.
– Hudson Lyric Opera Company with Puccini’s “La Boheme” at Trinity United Methodist Church, Stony Point Saturday, November 1 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, November 2 at 3 p.m. Information at 845-709-2273 or www.hudsonlyricopera.com.
– Nyack High School Drama Club to present a contemporary, urban version of “A Midsummer Night’s Dream,” by William Shakespeare. Show will be presented on Friday, November 14 and Saturday, November 15 at 8 p.m. in the high school auditorium. Information at 845-353-7101.
– Pearl River High School Class of 2015 will perform Rodgers and Hammerstein’s “Oklahoma” Friday, November 7 and Saturday, November 8 at the high school auditorium, with a special performance for seniors November 6 at 3:30 p.m. Tickets at the door. Information at 845-620-3928.
– The Rockland Conservatory of Music will present the Figueroa Piano Quintet Sunday, November 23 at 4 p.m., 45 South Main Street, Pearl River. Information at 845-356-1522 ext 128.