BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– The Antrim Players and Helen Hayes Youth Theatre are working on the upcoming Christmas musical “A Christmas Carol-The Musical” to be presented at Antrim Playhouse, opening November 29 and running weekends through December 23. It will be directed by Michael Gosselin. Marty Andreas, president of Antrim, will be playing Scrooge.
– It will be a tribute to Martin and Lewis Monday, October 27 at Westchester Broadway Theatre in Elmsford. Dinner and show. “South Pacific” continues on mainstage at WBT. Tickets at broadwaytheatre.com or 914-592-2222. The Glenn Miller orchestra will be coming to WBT on December 9.
– Shades Repertory Theatre in Haverstraw will hold an Artist’s Appreciation gathering November 8 at 8 p.m.; a fundraiser for the Youth Theater at New Main and Hudson. Readings of upcoming productions, poetry, monologues, music and art with cuisine from Haverstraws finest eateries. 845-675-8044 for information.
– Ukuladies in concert Sunday, October 26 at Grace Episcopal Church in Nyack.They are a ukelele-playing vocal quartet and perform cowboy love songs and popular music from the 30s and 40s. Contact Grace Episcopal Church.
– Rivertown Film in Nyack takes a look at “Pecha Kucha” or chit chat Saturday, November 8 with 15 artists appearing. It will be at the Nyack Center (Broadway and Depew) at 8 p.m. with Nyack Mayor Jen White as emcee. Information at 845-353-2568.
– Nyack Village Theatre opening “Alfred Hitchcock Presents” on Halloween. Three one acts produced by Richard Quinn. Box office 201-694-0610.
– “George Washington Slept Here” by the Tappan Players at the historic Manse Barn in Tappan October 25 and 26 at 8 p.m. and November 1 and 2 at 2:30 p.m. Call 845-623-4521.
– “A Cabaret Cocktail” Friday, October 24 and Saturday, October 25 at 8 p.m. at Antrim Playhouse, Wesley Hills. Local talent from Rockland, Westchester, Orange and Bergen counties featured. Contact antrimplayhouse.com.
– Hudson Lyric Opera Company with Puccini’s “La Boheme” at Trinity United Methodist Church, Stony Point Saturday, October 25 and November 1 at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays, October 26 and November 2 at 3 p.m. Information at 845-709-2273.