BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– “It Happened One Christmas Eve” opens December 4 at Westchester Broadway Theatre in Elmsford and runs through December 28. Bill Stutler and Bon Funking, producers, say it is a heartwarming musical glistening with Christmas magic. Tickets at broadwaytheatre.com or 914-592-2222.
– The Narrowbacks of Pearl River, an Irish band, is opening for Black 47 on their farewell tour at Emmett’s Castle, Pearl River, Friday, October 17. On October 24 Narrowback will be at Rory Dolan’s in Yonkers. Contact seamuskeane@gmail com.
– Shades Film Festival, in it’s 10th year, set for Saturday, October 18 at the Theatre in the Presbyterian Church, Main Street in Haverstraw at 7:30 p.m. “Dutchman” on stage at Shades Thursday, October 16 and Friday, October 17. Call 845-675-8044.
– “LaBoheme” by the Hudson Lyric Opera Company opens Saturday, October 18, 7:30 p.m. at the Trinity United Methodist Church on Main Street in Stony Point. It will run also on Saturdays, October 25 and November 1 and 3 p.m. shows Sunday on October 19, 26 and November 2. Contact: 845-709-2273 or hudsonlyricopera.org.
– Sunday, October 19 Marci Geller appears in concert at the Borderline Folk Music Club in New City (Steve Shapiro’s house, 7 Trailside Court). Jim Colbert opening. Information at 845-354-4586.
– Fundraiser at Levity Live, Palisades Mall, Sunday, October 19 at 7:07 p.m. Money raised will go to purchase new clothing for children at Family Promise homeless shelter. Social media and reality stars performing including Zach Matari, Taylor Belle, Ginamarie Z, Lucki Gurtz, The Bomb Digz, Meaghan Dowling, Jenna Rose, Carrie Lane and many more. Tickets at Levity Live.
– Online auction by Penguin Repertory Theatre, Stony Point, runs November 23 to December 7. The “Bidding for Good” sale is seeking items from friends and supporters. Heirlooms, antiques or collectibles with a minimum value of $25 requested as donations. Contact Gary Pratt, chairperson, at 908-419-6829 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– “Sunday in the Park with George” opens November 14 at Elmwood Playhouse in Nyack and runs weekends through December 13. Music by Stephen Sondheim, book by John Lapine. Contact elmwoodplayhouse.com or 845-353-1313.
– Alfred Hitchcock Presents three One Act plays, directed by Richard Quinn at Nyack Village Theatre, Thursday, October 16 at 8 p.m. and weekends through October 31, all at 8 p.m. Tickets at 201-694-0610.
– “Twelve Angry Jurors” continues at Antrim Playhouse, Wesley Hills. Tickets at Antrimplayhouse.com. “A Cabaret Cocktail” October 24 and 25, Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. Broadway showtunes, pop standards and modern hits with local talent from Rockland, Bergen, Orange and Westchester Counties.
– The Tappan Players present “George Washington Slept Here” Saturday, October 18, 25 and November 1 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, October 19, 26 and November 2 at 2:30 p.m. at the historic Manse Barn in Tappan. A pre-show brunch at the ’76 House offered for the Sunday matinee performances. Info: 745- 623-4521.