BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– Rockland Theatre Company Fall program, in cooperation with the Haverstraw Police Athletic League, has set youth auditions for “Cinderella,” Wednesday, September 3 from 6 – 7 p.m. and Saturday, September 6, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Grades 2 – 4 eligible to participate. Auditions will be held at the RHO Building at Letchworth Village. Rehearsals will be Saturday, September 13. 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Tentative performance dates are Friday, November 21 and Saturday, November 22. Tuition is $290. Auditions for “Legally Blonde,” grades 4 to 9 are Friday, September 5 from 6 – 8 p.m. and Saturday, September 6 from 9 – 11 a.m., also at the RHO Building. Information and applications at rocklandtheatrecompany.com.
– “Twelve Angry Jurors” opens at the Tom France Theatre, Antrim Playhouse, Wesley Hills on September 19. Antrim’s 78th season continues. Tickets at antrimplayhouse.com.
– “Playing The Assassin” opens September 29 at Penguin Repertory Theatre, Cricketown Road, Stony Point. Tickets at penguinrep.org.
– 15th Annual Benefit Car Show sponsored by United Water Company to benefit war veterans in need of affordable housing, set for Sunday, September 14 at United Water in West Nyack, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Free admission. Call 845-620-3353.
– Rockland County Senior Fair at Rockland Community College, Suffern, August 28. Sponsored by State Senator Carlucci. 100 vendors predicted.
– The Annual Turning Point American Roots Festival to benefit the Piermont Athletic League will be held Labor Day, September 1 noon till 6 p.m. at the Goswick Pavillion, Ferry Road. Folk Rock duo Aztec Two Step featured.
– Rockland Center For The Arts exhibition, Sunday September 7, 2 – 5 p.m. at the Center, 27 South Greenbush Road, West Nyack. Includes open house and a pottery sale.
– “The Adams Family Musical,” part of the 2014 Fall Program of Helen Hayes Youth Theatre, November 6 to 17 at Antrim Playhouse. Ages 8 to 17. Call 845-826-2049.
– Thiells United Methodist Church puppet ministry with Paul Reed Sunday, August 31 at 10:30 a.m. at the Church on Rosman Road, Thiells. Refreshments and a talent show to follow at 11:30 a.m