United Water New York has begun the transition of quarterly-billed customers to monthly billing this month. Meters will be read monthly and the bill will reflect water usage for about 30 days. All other charges, currently billed quarterly, will be spread out over 12 monthly payments. The quarterly service fee will be prorated into a smaller monthly charge.
Monthly Billing Benefits
- Easier for customers, especially those on a fixed income, to manage their monthly household finances.
- Provides customers with more timely information about their water usage.
- Enables customers to track and reduce usage, especially during summer months when higher rates are in effect.
- Allows for the early detection and prompt repair of plumbing leaks, reducing the possibility of a high water bill.
The transition will take place over a period of about three months.
- Customers who receive a quarterly bill in July will receive their first monthly bill in August.
- Customers who receive a quarterly bill in August will receive their first monthly bill in September.
- Customers who receive a quarterly bill in September will receive their first monthly bill in October.
Customers enrolled in automatic bank draft payment/direct debit will have their account drafted monthly on the due date rather than every three months. These customers should review their account information and update the payment frequency to ensure timely payment processing. In addition, customers may wish to consider eBilling and direct debit which enables them to pay their bill on line through their checking account at no charge. Additional information on monthly billing, eBilling and direct debit is available on the company’s website at www.unitedwater.com/