The North Rockland Central School District Board of Education is seeking applicants for a trustee position recently vacated due to a resignation. The term of appointment will expire with the May 20, 2015 school board election.
Per New York State Education Law, candidates must meet all of the following eligibility criteria to serve on a board of education:
- Must be a qualified voter of the School District, which means that the individual must be a U.S. citizen age 18 or older;
- Must be a current resident of the North Rockland Central School District and have lived within the School District for a continuous and uninterrupted period of one (1) year prior to appointment;
- Must not have been removed from any School District office within the last year;
- Must not reside with a family member who is a current Board of Education member;
- Must not be a current North Rockland Central School District employee; and,
- Must not hold another incompatible public office.
- Individuals interested in being considered for appointment to the vacant Board of Education position are invited to submit a letter of interest and resume to the District Clerk by no later than August 28, 2014 by 3:00 p.m. Preferably materials should be submitted electronically to: NRBOE@nrcsd.org, sent in hard copy to: Mr. Harry F. LeFevre, NRCSD Board President, 65 Chapel Street, Garnerville, NY 10923 or hand delivered to Mrs. Sarah Lively, Board Clerk at address listed.
The Board of Education will review applicant materials and select candidates to interview onSeptember 9, 2014 or on any adjourned meeting dates; notice of any adjourned Board meeting dates shall be published. The Board may elect to proceed into Executive Session pursuant to the Open Meetings Law to conduct interviews of candidates. The Board’s decision on appointing a specific individual to serve shall be made at a duly noticed regular or special meeting of the Board of Education in accordance with the Education Law.