Governor Andrew M. Cuomo this week announced that New Yorkers can, for the first time ever, buy tickets online to attend the Great New York State Fair. The Fair, which is themed “Summer’s Best in Show” and runs from August 21 to September 1, has debuted a new online purchasing page on its website that offers tickets at a 40 percent discount over the price at the gate. The secure website sells five products including the single-day ticket, which will be mailed free of charge to buyers:
· A single-day advance sale ticket, for $6. That’s a 40 percent savings over the $10 charge for admission at the gate during the Fair.
· A Frequent Fairgoer ticket book, which contains 6 days’ worth of tickets, for $30. That’s a 50 percent savings over the full general admission price.
· A single-day rides wristband voucher, for $20. The voucher saves $5 over the weekday price and $10 over the weekend price. The wristband allows a fairgoer to ride the all-new Wade Shows Midway rides all day.
· A voucher for the Mega Pass, for $70, which allows a fairgoer to ride Midway rides all day every day of the Fair.
· A daily parking pass for $5.