BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– There will be a handbell music concert at Pearl River Methodist Church 130 Franklin Avenue, Saturday, May 10 at 5 p.m. Three handbell choirs will perform directed by Pamela Gunning. They are the Cherub Chimes (elementary age children); the Wesley Ringers (middle and high school age children) and the Memorial Bells (adult choir) performing both secular and sacred music. The concert is free with a free will offering to benefit the handbell choirs. Information at 845-755-2241.
– Rivertown Films will produce its third “Dance To The Movies” fundraiser, Friday, April 24 from 8 p.m. to midnight at the Union Arts Center, 2 Union Avenue, Sparkill. Those attending may dance to scenes from movies such as “Saturday Night Fever,” “Dirty Dancing,” “Fame” and “American Graffiti” with guest deejays Harvey Lane and Preston Powell. There will be dance demonstrations and a group lesson. Tickets at 917-612-2675.
– Catch “Mary Poppins” at Westchester Broadway Theatre, Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 11. It runs main stage through July 27. Tickets at broadwaytheatre.com or 914-592-2222.
– Rockland Theatre Company and producer Barry Sabino announce the area premiere of “Happy Days,” a new musical with performances July 24, 25 and 26. Auditions for ages 16 plus in May for the roles of The Fonz, Richie, Potsie, Joanie, Ralph, Chachi, Mr. and Mrs. C, Pinky and the rest of the Happy Days Crew. Contact Barry at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845-548-6699.
– Country music star Phil Vassar, Upclose and Unplugged performing at the Newton, N.J. Theatre Sunday, October 12 at 8 p.m. Tickets on sale now at 973-383-3700.
– ArtsRocks Guitar Magic continues May 30 at Nyack Library with Blind Mice and Bill Safire doing Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young music. Contact artsrock.org.
– “Sex and Education” opens June 27 at Penguin Rep in Stony Point. Season opener is May 16 with “The Savannah Disputation.” Tickets at penguinrep.org or 845-786-2873.
– A Sultry Night of Salsa at Westchester Broadway Theatre, Elmsford Monday May 12. Starring Victor Leguillow and the MTG Orchestra. Tickets at 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.
– “The French Connection” at Lafayette Theatre Suffern, May 3 starring Gene Hackman and Roy Schneider. Movie starts at 11:30 a.m. with Wurlitzer Organ Concert. Contact Phil Tisi at 845-357-5100 ext. 201. Ramapo Seniors free with card.
– “12 Angry Men” the thriller opens Antrim Playhouse 2014-15 season September 18. Tickets at antrimplayhouse.com.
– CoCoMaMa and Mayra Casales of Creative Works, Garner Arts, Garnerville, Friday, May 9 at 7:30 p.m. Call 845-947-3660.
– Comedy Night at Empire City Casino, Yonkers, Wednesday, April 30 with Adrienne Iapallucci of the Bronx and Joe Matarese. Tickets at empirecitycasino.com.
– “The Wizard Of Oz” coming to the Westchester Broadway Theatre, Elmsford July 31 through September 21. Tickets at 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.
– Fishcakes and the Fried Daddies, Saturday, May 10 at The ’76 House, 110 Main Street, Tappan, NY. Range of Americana – 30s to 50s swing; road house and jump blues, New Orleans music, country and country swing, R&B, and even a couple of modern tunes all “fish-a-fied” – run through a basically rock band format the makes our music new and different and old and familiar at the same time. Website: frieddaddies.com. Email: email@example.com.