BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– Rockland Theatre Company is looking for “The Fonz” and the complete cast for “Happy Days,” a new musical, to be produced in July. It will be an area premier and the cast includes The Fonz, Richie, Potsie, Joanie, Ralph, Chachi, Mr.and Mrs. C, Pinky and the rest of the Happy Days crew. Auditions for ages 16 plus in May and no fees for participating says producer Barry Sabino. Contact Barry at email@example.com for information or call 845-548-6699.
– The Morning Music Club (MMC) 64th Annual Scholarship Awards will be on May 13 at 7:30 p.m. followed by a festive reception at the Nauraushaun Presbyterian Church, Pearl River at 51 Sickletown Road. The Club continues its 90th Anniversary celebration with County Legislator Harriet Cornell presenting awards to three winners: $2,000 to Seth Prisament, alto saxaphone from Nyack High School; $1.500 to Reuben Foley, violin from Suffern High School and $1,000 to Taylor Simpson, percussion from Tappan Zee High School. Information at 845-735-5556
– It will be Michael McKean in conversation with Elliott Forrest at the Nyack Center, April 27; KITKA Women’s vocal ensemble at Temple Beth Torah in Nyack, May 18 and Guitar Magic ,celebrating Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young with Blind Mice and Bill Safire May 30 at the Nyack Library. All produced by ArtsRock. Contact artsrock.org.
– Bill Palooza, Doc Lane and Loose Change at the Turning Point Cafe, Piermont Thursday, April 17 in a fundraiser to benefit the Sparkhill Creek Watershed Alliance.
– Free admission to the Chamberfest Spring Concert at Paddington Hall, Nyack College April 22 at 7 p.m. Directors are Tammy Lum and Dr. Marie Kenote.
– Life should not be all work and no play, says Penguin Rep Theatre, opening their 2014 season May 16 with “The Savannah Disputation.” Call 845-786-2873 or go to penguinrep.org.
– PAFA presents David Lynch, filmmaker, “The Unified Field” on view September 13 through January 15, 2015 at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts in Philadelphia. Contact 215-972-2031.
– April 26 at the Lafayette Theatre, Suffern for “The Hustler” movie with Jackie Gleason and Paul Newman.
– Antrim Playhouse in Wesley Hills opens its 78th season with the thriller “12 Angry Men,” September 19. Information on the total season and a special offer at antrimplayhouse.com.
– “Mary Poppins” up next on the mainstage at Westchester Broadway Theatre in Elmsford May 8 through May 27. Tickets at broadwaytheatre.com or 914-592-2222.
– The Arts Council of Rockland presents Maya Casales and CoCoMama at Creativeworks at Garner in the Dye works, 55 West Railroad Avenue in Garnerville May 9 at 7:30 p.m. Call 845-947-3660 or go to ArtsCouncilRockland.org.
– Adrienne Iapalucci, Joe Materese with M.C. Rus Gutin in the GoodTime Room at Empire City Casino in Yonkers April 30. Contact empirecitycasino.com
– Franki Valli and the Four Seasons remembered at the Westchester Broadway Theatre, Elmsford on Tuesday, May 13. Tickets at 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com