BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– The Rockland County Youthfest is the place to be at Rockland Community College March 30, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m in the College Fieldhouse. In partnership with Rockland County government day. Information at 845-638-5166.
– ArtsRock presents Guitar Magic, celebrating the Allman Brothers and Crosby, Stills and Nash April 11 at 8 p.m. at the Nyack Library, 59 South Broadway. Information at ArtsRock.Org. Guest artists will be Pat Conover, Todd Nelson.Jeff Doctorow, James Kimak and Aj Kash. Arts Rock also presents Michael McKean in Conversation & Song April 27 at 7:30 p.m. at the Nyack Center and he will bring his guitar.
– “Smokey Joe’s Cafe” opening May 16 and running weekends through June 14 at Elmwood Playhouse, Nyack, directed by Cal Chiang. Tickets at elmwoodplayhouse or 845-353-1313.
– Nyack College Chorale doing Mozart’s “Requiem” Friday, April 4 at 7:30 p.m. Free admission at the College in Nyack. “Die Fledermaus” by Nyack College Opera Workshop April 27 at 3 p.m. Suggested donation $15, seniors and children $10 ..
– The United States Army Field Band and Soldiers Chorus performing at North Rockland High School April 11 at 7 p.m. Free admission.
– The Rockland County Teachers Music Association in a lecture-demonstration by Stuart Isacoff on “How The Piano Conquered the World and Changed the Course of Musical Style” at the Valley Cottage Library, Wednesday, April 2 at 10:15 a.m.
– “Mary Poppins” opens May 8 and runs through July 27 at the Westchester Broadway Theatre in Elmsford. “Ragtime” on main stage now. Tickets at broadwaytheatre.com or 914-592-2222.
– New Generation Theatre for young performers now taking registration for its 2014 Summer Theatre production of Hairspray. Contact Sol Bloch or Jusin Boccitto at 845-461-4325 or email@example.com.
– The Hit Men featuring former stars of Franki Valli and the Four Seasons at Westchester Broadway Theatre in Elmsford Tuesday May 13. Tickets at 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.
– “The Boys Next Door” coming to Antrim Playhouse at the Tom France Theatre June 6 to 28. Tickets at antrimplayhouse.com. Directed by Bobbi Schevitz.
– Ronnie Earl and the Broadcasters tickets on sale at Newton Theatre, NJ for their October 11 performance. Call 973-383-3700.
– Auditions for “Awake and Sing” at Elmwood Playhouse on for April 8 and 9 at 7:15 p.m. Contact Elmwood Playhouse at 845-353-1313 or elmwoodplayhouse.com.
– The classic film “The Wizard Of Oz” and live music with the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra, Saturday, April 26 at 8 p.m. Tickets from Barry at 845-359-2811. Limited seating.