BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– Borderline Folk Music Club in New City looking for a larger venue in Rockland or Bergen County for the Rockland Folk Festival, which will be “A Tribute To Pete Seeger” Sunday, August 24 from 2 to 6 p.m. Sol Zeller, president of the club, says they expect that they will need a place to handle 500 guests. This Sunday’s Borderline event at the New City Ambulance Corps building may be sold out. There were just 13 tickets remaining available Tuesday night. Check with Sol at 845-354-4586 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– “Mary Poppins” up next at Westchester Broadway Theatre in Elmsford, opening May 8 and running through July 27. “Ragtime” currently on at WBT. For tickets 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.
– Fieldstone Middle School Drama Club has rescheduled “13” for Friday, April 11, Saturday, April 12 at Dodge Watkins Auditorium at the Fieldstone Middle School. Tickets sold at the door.
– Green Screen Film series is set for Saturday, March 22 at 2 p.m. at the Nyack Library Community Room. The event is free and geared from nine years of age and up. First film is “Bag It,” about the complexities of plastic in our world. Information from Michelle Solomon at email@example.com.
– Yankee great Bernie Williams performing with his guitar at the Newton, N.J. Theatre, Saturday, June 14. Tickets go on sale Friday, March 21 at 11 a.m. Contact 973-383-3700.
– Thiells United Methodist Church Thrift Shoppe reopens Saturday, March 22 from 2 to 4 p.m. at the church on Rosman Road, Thiells. Information at 845-942-1481.
– Auditions for “Awake And Sing” at Elmwood Playhouse, Nyack set for April 8 and 9 at 7:15 p.m. with callbacks April 10. Contact Elmwood at 845-353-1313 or elmwoodplayhouse.com.
– New Generation Theatre announcing registration for it’s 2014 Summer Theatre production of Hairspray. Contact newgeneratiotheatre.com.
– Michael McKean at the Nyack Center April 27. Contact ArtsRock.org.
– Auditions for “The Breakfast Club” to be produced by Rockland Theatre Company will be held at the RHO building in Letchworth Village Monday, March 24 and Wednesday, March 25. Contact Barry at the Photo Shoppe in West Haverstraw.
– “The Pillowman” at Elmwood Playhouse in Nyack continues this weekend. Contact elmwoodplayhouse.com or 845-353-1313.
– “The Holding Company: a Frank Vitale documentary of the Garnerville Terminal Saturday, April 5 at 2 p.m. at West Haverstraw Village Hall, 130 Samsondale Avenue.
– The Belmonts coming to the Westchester Broadway Theatre in Elmsford Tuesday, April 22. Tickets at broadwaytheatre.com.
– “You Can’t Take It With You” continues weekends at Antrim Playhouse, Wesley Hills. Tickets at antrimplayhouse.com.
– Ronnie Earl and the Broadcasters booked into the Newton, N.J. Theatre Saturday, October 11. Tickets on sale this Friday, March 22 at 11 a.m. Call 973-383-3700.