BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– “Ragtime” the Musical at Westchester Broadway Theatre produced by Standing Ovation Studios has the largest cast ever assembled for a WBT run. They are a very talented group doing the show about families that started out living in New Rochelle and move on to Harlem, and Atlantic City with a great deal of emphasis on the story of racial discrimination in the early 1900s. Highlights of history emerge in the musical score and many famous persons are depicted in the play including Houdini, Booker T. Washington, J.P. Morgan, Henry Ford and many more. Ragtime music is portrayed with choreography dazzling the audience in this moving musical. Ragtime is musical history and I rate the show Three Stars Out of Four. Tickets at 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.
– Auditions for “The Breakfast Club” to be presented by Rockland Theatre Company have been scheduled at the RHO Building at Letchworth Village Monday, March 24 and Wednesday, March 26 at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. Performances are set for May 16, 17 and 18. Auditions for the parts of John Bender, a rebel; Andrew Clark, athlete; Claire Standish, princess; Allison reynolds, basket case; Brian Johnson, brain; Dick Vernon, assistant principal; and Carl Reed, school janitor will be conducted. For information contact Barry at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Photo Shoppe in West Haverstraw.
– All star lineup of comedians at Levity Live in the Palisades Mall, West Nyack Sunday, March 16 at 7 p.m. Included are Luis Gomez, Andy Hendrickson, John Moses and Adam Oliensis. Levity Live for tickets.
– Some tickets still available for “The Purpose Project” with Elizabeth Van Meter at Elmwood Playhouse, Sunday March 16 at 9 p.m. The 7 p.m. one person play is sold out. Call 855-ARTSROCK. Wasabi restaurant, Nyack offering 15 percent off with your Purpose Project ticket. Contact Wasabi Restaurant for details.
– Auditions for Antrim Playhouses production of “The Boys Next Door” continue Thursday, March 13 at 7 p.m. with callbacks Sunday, March 16 at 6 p.m. at the Tom France Theatre at Antrim Playhouse on Spook Rock Road in Wesley Hills. Auditio information from director Bobbi Schevitz at 845-358-1081 after 3 p.m. or email@example.com.
– Loni Love at Levity Live. Friday, March 14 at 7:30 p.m. in a benefit for Meal On Wheels. Tickets at Levity Live in the Palisades Center, West Nyack.
– Nyack College Campus School of Music with a free concert Saturday, March 15 at the First reformed Church in Nyack at 7:30 p.m. A brass ensemble, handbell choir and vocal ensemble to perform.
– The Main Ingredients barbershop quartet with classic old style American music at the Blauvelt Free Library Sunday, March 16 at 2 p.m. Free admission.
– The Duprees at Westchester Broadway Theatre Tuesday, March 25. The Hit Men featuring former stars of Franki Valli and the Four Seasons Tuesday, May 13 at WBT in Elmsford. Tickets at broadwaytheatre.com or 914-592-2222.
– “The Pillowman” by Martin McDonagh opens Friday, March 14 at Elmwood Playhouse in Nyack and runs through April 5 on weekends. Contact elmwoodplayhouse.com or call 845-353-1313 for tickets. Smokey Joe’s Cafe coming to Elmwood May 16 to June 14.
– The United States Army Field Band at North Rockland High School in concert Friday, April 11 at 7 p.m. produced by the Arts Council of Rockland County. Free admission. North Rockland Players doing “Cats” this weekend at NRHS witrh performances Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
– Brother Sun set for a show at Borderline Music Clubs venue, the New City Ambulance Corps Building in New City Sunday, March 23 at 2 p.m. Cal 845-354-4586 for tickets or go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– “Margeret’s Wedding” written by members of the Antrim players at Antrim Playhouse, Wesley Hills Friday and Saturday, April 11 and 12 and Sunday, April 13. Antrimplayhouse.com for tickets. “You Can’t Take It With You” opens Friday, March 14 at Antrim Playhouse at 8 p.m.
– Nikki Clarke makes her debut in Nyack , New York, March 12 from 7 – 8 p.m. at the Main Street Theatre, 94 Main Street, Nyack in front of a live theatre broadcasted onwww.rocklandworldradio.com. Nikki Clarke is the founder, host, and producer of the Nikki Clarke Show which broadcasts from Rogers Tv in Toronto, Canada. The Nikki Clarke Show’s premise is to inspire people with heart stories from guests from all walks of life merged with great live entertainment. The shows are taped live in front of an audience at the Hard Rock Café , in the heart of downtown Toronto. Nikki Clarke is also launching her 24 hour online tv network in April 2014. For more information, visitwww.nikkiclarkeinc.com