The Pearl River School District will hold the 14th Annual PRSD Sports Hall of Fame Induction Dinner on Saturday, March 28. This year’s inductees include:
* Gus Filter- All-County & All-Section Cross Country & Track, Class of 1968
* Betsy McManus- All-State Basketball & Soccer, Class of 2002
* Brendan Fennell- All-American Cross Country & All-State Track, Class of 2003
* 1944 Football Team- Rockland County Champions (the late Coach Ira Shuttleworth)
* Boys Track Teams-Spring 1976, Winter & Spring 1977- County Champs (Coach Tom Doherty)
* Pearl River Volunteer Fire Departments- Winners of the prestigious Tom & Priscilla Lanks Service Award for outstanding support of Pirate athletics
This year’s dinner will be held at the Pearl River Elks Club beginning with cocktails and hors d’oeuvres at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $60 per person prior to March 21st and $70 after March 21st. To purchase tickets, please contact the Pearl River School District Athletic Office at 845-620-3943. Make checks payable to the “PRHS Sports Hall of Fame” and mail to Pearl River School District Athletic Office, 275 East Central Avenue, Pearl River, New York 10965. For additional information and reservations, visit the district website at www.pearlriver.org, under Notices, Letters, and Flyers, or by contacting Todd Santabarbara, PRSD Athletic Director, at 845-620-3943.