BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– Shades Repertory Theatre of Haverstraw will show “Thurgood,” a film by George Stevens Jr. and starring Lawrence Fishburne, February 1. “Freedom Summer Part 2” by William Tucker, with Sam Wayman of Nyack as musical director will be presented February 7 and 8. August Wilson’s “Radio Golf” is on stage weekends at Shades February 20 to March 1, directed by Joe Lima. All shows are at 8 p.m. at the Haverstraw Youth Theatre in the Presbyterian Church on Main Street. Tickets at 845-675-8044 or shadesrep.com.
– Guitarists, singers and other musicians are being invited to join the Praise Band at Thiells United Methodist Church on Rosman Road in Thiells. Pastor Reverend Bernie Khaw says there is no pay but the benefits are great. Contact him at 845-429-3590 or at Facebook.
– Power rock trio Kings X will rock the Newton, N.J. theatre Friday May 2. Tickets on sale Friday at 11 a.m. at 973-383-3700.
– The tech event at Elmwood Playhouse, Nyack set for this past Tuesday has been rescheduled to Thursday, January 23 at 7:30 – 9:30 p.m.at the theatre at 10 Park Street.
– In March, Antrim Playhouse will present “You Can’t Take It With You” directed by Mary Andreas, president of the Antrim Players. Tickets at antrimplayhouse.com. Now on stage is “A Streetcar Named Desire.”
– Thiells United Methodist Church with a “Sweetheart Dinner” February 15 with seatings at 5 and 7 p.m. 845-429-3590 for tickets.
– “Chinese Coffee” at the Nyack Village Theatre rescheduled again, opening January 30.
– Jim West and Company at a Hi-Tor Animal Shelter Rebuild concert at Viola United Methodist Church, Suffern January 25 from 1 – 3 p.m. Minimum donation $20.
– Guitarist Marc Mathelier and soloist soprano Michele Sorel at Finklestein Memorial Library, Spring Valley at 2 p.m. Information at 845-352-5700 ext. 244 at the Library.
– “Titanic,” the London version, on main stage at Westchester Broadway Theatre in Elmsford through February 23. “Ragtime” up next, followed by “Mary Poppins,” “The Wizard of Oz” and “South Pacific.” Tickets at 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.