BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– “Kiss Me Kate” the 181st production at Westchester Broadway Theatre in Elmsford is just great with the wonderful Cole Porter musical score, a fantastic leading lady, Christianne Tisdale and a really good leading man, William Michaels. The staging is perfect and the orchestration is right on target. I rate “Kiss Me Kate” at Westchester Broadway Theatre Four Out of Four Stars!!!! Catch it now through November 3. For tickets and information go to broadwaytheatre.com or 914-592-2222.
– Singer songwriter Tom Chapin will perform at 2 p.m. Saturday , September 28 at the Campaign For Artful Resistance at St. Thomas Acquinas College which is a free family event from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Save Our Schools is organizer of the event with a goal of returning art education to schools. Information at 845-398-4079.
– A sixth anniversary of Maloto (dreams) will be Saturday November 9 at the Nyack Center from 7 to 9 p.m. M. Brokaw, Maloto board member is special guest of honor and Motherland Rhythms and Dance will perform. Proceeds will benefit the scholarship fund at Mzuzu Academy and the Kwithu Women’s Group and Feeding Center, Maloto develops and invests in programs that feed-educate and empower children and women living in extreme poverty in northern Malawi.
– “Room Service” being presented by the Tappan Players at the historic Manse Barn in Tappan. This fast paced comedy, directed by Patrick Vitale is set for October 18,19 and 26 and November 2. Information and tickets from Joan Pandolfi at 845-623-4521
– Sight And Sound Theatre Trip to see “The Miracle Of Christmas” with Thiells United Methodist Church to Lancaster, Pa. with family lunch along the way at Good N Plenty(family style) December 5. Some seats left on the bus. Call Ann at 845-942-1481.
– 2014 Season at Westchester Broadway Theatre in Elmsford includes Titanic(January and February), Ragtime(February and May). Mary Poppins (May, June and July). The Wizard Of Oz (July thru September), South Pacific (September through November),
Christmas Show TBA (December) and South Pacific (December-January) Tickets and information at broadwaytheatre.com and 914-592-2222.
– Open Studios at the Re-Imagine Garner Exhibition at the Garner Art Center, Garnerville October 12-2 to 7 p.m. Free admission. Celebration of the grand reopening after Sandy. Photography, jewelry and art exhibits. Also Sunday October 13.
– Anat Cohen concert at the Cultural Arts Center, Rockland Community College in Suffern Saturday October 26 at 8 p.m. from 2 to 7 p.m..Contact Maria Cohen at 845-642-3216.
– Celebrate Bob Dylan at the ArtsRock Guitar Magic Series November 3 at the new Unions Arts Center, 2 Union Avenue, Sparkill. The Rolling Stones celebrated October 25. Tickets and information at artsrock.org or 855-278-2762.
– “The Farm” a CIA mystery thrill opens Friday, September 27 at the Penguin Rep in Stony Point. Tickets at penguinrep.org or 845-786-2873.
– “Amadeus” at Elmwood Playhouse in Nyack.To be followed by Les Miserables. Tickets and information at elmwoodplayhouse.com or 845-353-1313.
– “Barefoot In The Park” continues at Antrim Playhouse, Wesley Hills. Tickets at antrimplayhouse.com.