BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– Larry Chance with Lenny Coco and the Chimes booked at Westchester Broadway Theatre, September 17, for a dinner and show at 6:15 p.m. Tickets at 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.
– Fifth Annual Turning Point American Roots Festival by the Turning Point Cafe, Piermont to benefit the Piermont Police Athletic League noon to 5 p.m. September 2. Among the performers will be Big Jim Wheeler, the Old Number Seven Band, the Eileen Jewell Band, and James Maddock. Tickets at 845-359-1089.
– The New York Dinner Theatre to present “The Honeymooners, Ralph’s Surprise Birthday Party,” with Ralph, Alice, Norton and Trixie Friday, October 8, 7 to 11 p.m. in Haverstraw. Tickets from Angie at 845-826-5402 or Gene at 845-579-7061. Dinner by Jimmies On Main Street in Nanuet.
– Monster Moonlight Bowling Fundraiser to benefit Haunt for Hospice Friday, September 20, 9:30 to 12:30 p.m. at Hi Tor Lanes, Haverstraw. Information from Mary Ellen at 845-942-8417.
– Rockland’s gala celebration of the arts and the 2013 County Executive Arts Awards September 18 at 7 p.m. at Rockland Community College Cultural Arts Theatre, Suffern. There will be performances by Jeffrey Friedberg and His Band, jazz pianist lan Broadbent and cellists Julia Lichton and David Geber and more.
– Oboist Frederick Katzenberg and pianist Gary Klein in concert at the New City Library 1 p.m. September 22.
– “Barefoot in the Park” opening September 17 at Antrim Playhouse in Wesley Hills. Information at antrimplayhouse.com
– “The Tiger” by Murray Shisac and “The Goat Feeder “by Samuel Harps, August 29, 30 and 31 at 7 p.m. at Shades repertory Theatre, Haverstraw. Call 845-675-8044 for tickets with h’orderves and deserts by Antoine McGuires. Tickets at Shades Rep or Antoine McGuires.
– Fourth Annual Blue Grass festival with crafts, food, Kid’s Fun and 50/50 Raffle on the front lawn of the Jacob Sloat House. Harmony Hall in Sloatsburg September 8, 1 to 6 p.m. Presented by the Town Of Ramapo and Supervisor Christopher St. Lawrence.
– Lighthouse Youth Theatre auditions for Hairspray set for Saturday, September 21 by Standing Ovations Studio, Armonk. Ages 8 to 19. Information at www.LYTSHOWS.org or 914-741-4205.
– “Oliver” through September 8 at Westchester Broadway Theatre in Elmsford. Tickets at broadwaytheatre.com or 914-592-2222.
– Sight and Sound Theatre Trip to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Thursday, December 5 to see “The Miracle of Christmas” sponsored by Thiells United Methodist Church. Call Ann at 845-942-1481.
– Readings, poetry and music and a ballon lift off at the 22nd Annual Children’s Memorial Day by the Rockland County Chapter of the Compassionate Friends at 1 p.m. at the Childrens Memorial Garden at Veterans Memorial Park, Orangburg. Information at 845-398-9762.
– Annual Labor Day Concert by the West Point Band September 1, Sunday at 6 p.m. with Fireworks at Trophy Point Ampitheatre. 845-938-2617 for all info
– “The Barn” opens September 27 at Penguin Repertory Theatre in Stony Point, a new play by Walt McGough. Tickets at 845-786-2873 or www.penguinrep.com. “Drop Dead Perfect” continues at Penguin through September 1.
– Elmwood Playhouse, Nyack presenting “Amadeus” opening September 20. Tickets at elmwoodplayhouse.com or 845-353-1313. “Les Miserables” coming to Elmwood in November.
– Kenny Loggins at Empire City Casino, Yonkers September 8 and Smokey Robinson September 15. Information at www.empirecitycasino.com.