BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– “Drop Dead, Perfect” with Drama Desk Award winner Everett Quinton starring in drag opens August 9 at Pengun Repertory Theatre on Crickettown Road in Stony Point. Joe Brancato, director, described the play as terrifying, tawdry, tasteless, titallating, totally over the top and not for children. Tickets at 845-786-2873 or penguinrep.org.
– LoHud Comedy with a Lollapalooza of comediens Friday, August 2 at 8 p.m. at The Turning Point Cafe in Piermont. The lineup includes Kevin Israel, Jessica Sager, John Wendell, Richard Sultis and Adam Oliensis.
– Country rock pioneers POCO with special guest Wry Toast at the Newton, New Jersey Theatre Thursday August 1 at 8 p.m. Tickets at 973-383-3700. Followed by the cast of Beatlemania Saturday August 3 at 8 p.m.
– “Oliver” opens August 15 for four weeks at Westchster Broadway Theatre in Elmsford. Dinner and show. Tickets at 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.
– “Wizard Of Oz,” “Beauty and the Beast” and “The Little Mermaid” by Helen Hayes Youth Theatre coming to Antrim Playhouse. Check for information at antrimplayhouse.com or helenhayesyouththeatre.com.
– Bill Cosby at Westchester County Center September 7. wmconcerts.com.
– Mara Levine will be performance director at the next Borderline Music Club event August 25 at a club picnic.
– Sunday, August 4 at the amphitheatre at West Point. it will be West Point’s Steel Band with Caribbean music. Information at 845-938-2617.
– Christian Renaissance Fellowship of Pomona presenting a free operatic concert at the Ladentown Methodist Church building August 17 at 7:30 p.m. Operatic soprano Qian Ye of Shanghai, China will perform and there will be a gospel presentation.
– Ricky Romano and The Flat Five at the Stony Point Farmers Market Saturday, August 3 9:30 a.m. to noon.
– Native American PowWow Festival at Anthony Wayne Recreation area August 3 and 4, 11 a.m to 8 p.m. Presented by the Redhawk Native American Arts Council. Tickets at 845-230-8083 or redhawkcouncil.org.