BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– “Shrek The Musical” at North Rockland High School Friday, July 19, Saturday, July 20, Friday, July 26, Saturday, July 27. All at 7:30 p.m., except July 27 which also has a matinee at 2:30 p.m. Produced by Rockland Theatre Company. Tickets at the Photo Shoppe, 845-548-6699 or at rocklandtheatrecompany.com or 845-942-1103.
– Rock The Park Ramapo Summer Concert Series 2013 starts with Darius Rucker, July 12, the Beach Boys, August 14 and on August 28 The Charlie Daniels Band with 38 Special, all at Provident Bank Ball Park, Pomona. Visit www.tickets.com or at the Provident Bank Ball Park ticket office.
– The nation’s premier tribute to Franki Valli and The Four Seasons, Saturday, August 10 at the Westchester Broadway Theatre, Elmsford. A high energy production with all the songs…”Big Girls Don’t Cry,” “Rag Doll,” “Walk Like a Man” and many more. Tickets at 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.
– The ArtsRock Bossy Frog Album release party Friday, August 2, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. (FREE) at the Nyack Center, 58 Depew Avenue, Nyack. Fifteen all-time childrens favorite tunes with many Rockland musicians performing (some live at the event). Contact www.artsrock.com.
– “Oliver” the musical opens August 15 and runs through September 8 at the Westchester Broadway Theatre. Elmsford. Tickets at 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.
– “I Love, You’re Perfect, Now Change” opens Friday, July 12 at Elmswood Playhouse, Nyack. Tickets at 845-353-1313 or elmwoodplayhouse.com.
– “Drop Dead Perfect” opens August 9 at Penguin Repertory Theatre in Stony Point, staged by Joseph Brancato and starring Everett Quinton from the Ridiculous Theatrical Company. An outrageous and bawdy ride, says Brancato.Tickets at 845-786-2873 or penguinrep.org.
– “How Lives Flow Through Brick and Mortar” presented by Hudson Valley Exhibits of the Garnerville Terminal Sunday, July 14, 2 p.m. at the Haverstraw Brick Museum, 12 Main Street, Haverstraw.
– Monday, July 15 Comedy Night at Westchester Broadway Theatre, Elmsford with Nore Davis, Anthony DiDomenico, Jimmy Failla, John Iavarone, Kevin Meany and Mitchell Waters. Dinner and show. Tickets at 914-592-2222 or Broadwaytheatre.com.
– “Rock Walk Broke Wide Open,” a musical and poetic odyssey telling the story of one man’s search for his biological mother, a one person symphony. One night only at Shades Repertory Theatre, New Main Street, Hudson Avenue, Haverstraw. Information at 845-675-8044 or shadesrep.com.
– Blues Traveler at Empire State Casino, Yonkers, July 14, Three Dog Night, July 21 and Kansas, July 28. Tickets at the Casino.
– In the 2013 Play With Your Food reading series at Penguin Repertory Theatre in Stony Point it will be a reading of “The Hemings Diary” by Lucille Lichblau. A tell all story of Thomas Jefferson and his mistress Sally Hemings. Information at www.penguinrep.com or 845-786-2873.