BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– Elmwood Playhouse will be doing “Les Miserables” in its 2013-2014 season November 15 to December 14 along with “Amadeus” September 20 to October 12, “Love, Loss and What I Wore” January 17 to February 8, “The Pillowman” March 14 to April 5 and “Smokey Joe’s Cafe” May 16 to June 14. Information and season tickets at 845-353-1313 or elmwoodplayhouse.com. Callbacks for Les Miserable auditions are Sunday, June 23 at 11 a.m. at the Playhouse on Elm Street in Nyack.
– Penguin Repertory on Crickettown Road in Stony Point will present “How The World Began,” a new play by Catherine Trieschmann starting June 28 and weekends through July 21. It is about the conflict between science and religion and will be directed by Joe Brancato. Information and tickets at 945-786-2873 or penguinrep.org.
– Lyle Lovett coming to Newton, New Jersey Theatre July 20 at 8 p.m. Tickets on sale starting Friday June 21 at 11 a.m. Call 973-383-3700.
– “Let’s Hang On,” a Franki Valli tribute at Westchester Broadway Theatre Saturday, August 10, dinner and show. Tickets at 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com, “Sound Of Music.” On Stage now through August 12.
– Calling All Rosary (Academy) Girls! To the First Annual “Rosary Girls” Online reunion. Seeking all Rockland and Bergen County grads of Rosary Academy (all years) says Lydia Peters Olsen, Class of 1974. Tell the story of your lives and send them to bonbonconfections.com NOW!
– Words and Music, a new Rockland Children’s Theatre program, starting its inaugural season at Nyack Village Theatre. Inspired by David C. Azarow. Contact 845-429-4541.
– Academy of Music Summer Festival concludes Friday, June 21 at Grace Church, Nyack with Vivaldi’s Concerto for Four Violins by students from the Academy’s master course.In addition will be performances by The Malkin Duo and Cullen Bryant. Information at 845-358-7445 or email@example.com.
– Folksinger Mara Levine and a dozen more folksingers at the Borderline Music Club concert Sunday, June 23 at 2 p.m. at the New City Ambulance Corps Building. Call 845-354-4586 or borderlinefolkmusicclub.org.
– “Laughter On The 23rd Floor” continues at Antrim Playhouse, Wesley Hills. Coming in their 77th season “Barefoot in the Park,” “A Streetcar Named Desire,” “You Can’t Take It With You,” “Agatha Christie’s,” “The Mousetrap” and “The Boys Next Door.” Tickets at antrimplayhouse.com.
– Auditions for the HudsonValley Teen Theatre Group presentation of “Avenue Q” (School Edition) set for June 24 at 6 p.m. at Clarkstown South High School. Information at 845-548-1656.
– Travis Tritt in concert at Empire City Casino, Yonkers June 23.America coming June 30. Information at empirecitycasino.com/promotions.