Seventh Hudson Valley Entrepreneurial Conference & Expo
Today, Friday, May 17, 2013 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Gateway to Entrepreneurial Tomorrows, Inc. (GET) and the Village of Haverstraw host the Hudson Valley Entrepreneurial Conference and Expo in Haverstraw, NY. The event is being held at Rockland Community College Haverstraw Extension Campus, located at 37 West Broadway Street. The Rockland County Times is this year’s media sponsor for the event.
The annual expo -free to the public–includes, in addition to booth exhibitors, a day-long series of seminars. They will commence at 11 a.m. and continue throughout the day. Experts representing the US Small Business Administration (SBA), Internal Revenue Service (IRS), franchise opportunities, green technologies, business sustainability issues, and tips for improving business operations and get quality leads and clients will all be featured at the seminar sessions.
The event is one of the premier business-to-business expo and conferences in the Hudson Valley for established entrepreneurs as well as those thinking in starting a business. The yearly expo is organized by GET and has the particularity that it travels across the mid-Hudson Valley region from year to year; so this is the opportunity for Rockland residents to attend and participate, since next year the expo and conference will move to Ulster County.
A ribbon cutting and opening reception is planned for 10 a.m. with free attendance by the public.
Focus areas of this year’s expo and conference include:
– SBA loan programs & services & how they benefit the small business owner
– Introduction to QuickBooks
– IRS independent contractor or employee, definitions and differences
– Disaster Assistance Program
– Low-cost franchises
– Are you ready for government procurement
– MWBE certification
– NYS energy efficiency programs for small businesses
– Retrofitting our homes for resilience
– Managing & implementing technological innovation in today’s business environment
– Fill your calendar with ideal clients
– Your business in the web, the right way
For additional information and/or images, contact the expo direct line at 845-787-4127