BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– The Doo Wop Dream Machine with Bryant Avenue Bob Trivero debuts on WRCR 1300 AM March 15 from 6 to 8 p.m.. Music from the 50s and 60s to be featured by Trivero who sang with the Star Tones back in the 50s.
– The Three Sopranos Margeret Young, Lisa Spielman and Julie Wendholt, all from the Secret Garden, with lively songs from Broadway and operas April 7 at Elmwood Playhouse in Nyack Tickets at elmwoodplayhouse.com or 845-353-1313.
– “The Seven Last Words of Christ” by Theodore DuBois to be performed by the Hudson Lyric Opera Saturday, March 23 at 3 p.m. at Trinity Methodist Church, Main Street, Stony Point. Also Friday March 22 at 8 p.m. at the Christ Church. 5 New Street, Sparkill. Information at 845 709 2273.
– The annual Spring Film Series at Bethel Woods Center For The Arts continues with “Willy Wonka and The Chocalate Factory” March 9; Taking Woodstock April 6 and Some Like It Hot May 4. Tickets at BethelWoodsCenter.org or 845 295 2060.
– Forever Irish starring Andy Cooney, the Three Irish Sopranos, the Andy Cooney Band and the Carr Dance group set for matinee and evening performances March 11 at Westchester Broadway Theatre in Elmsford. Tickets at broadwaytheatre.com or 914 592 2222.
– The World Premier of the film “20 Million Minutes,” the story of the Rockland County Jewish Center winning a moment of silence at the opening ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics in memory of 11 Israel athletes murdered at the 1972 Munich games, is set for Saturday March 16 at the Rockland Community College Cultural Center in Suffern. Tickets include a desert reception and may be obtained at jccrockland.org/20mm/index.html.
– “Raise The Roof,” the Greatest Little Vendor Fair in Rockland County, set for Saturday March 9 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Thiells United Methodist Church Rosman Road in Thiells. To benefit the churches Thrift Shoppe whose roof was demolished in Hurricane Sandy. Information at 845 942 1481 or 845 947 2150.
– Celebrate Eric Clapton Friday, March 8 at 7:30 p.m. at the Nyack Library, 59 South Broadway, Nyack. Presented by ArtsRock and featuring Billy Roues and Jeff Doctorow. Tickets at ArtsRock.Com.
– “Guys and Dolls” opens March 21 at Westchester Broadway Theatre, Elmsford and runs through May 26. Tickets at broadwaytheatre.com or 914-592-2222.
– March 10-12 @ 7 p.m. and March 18-19 @ 7 p.m., auditions for “Laughter on the 23rd Floor,” written by Neil Simon to be performed at Antrim Playhouse June 7-23. 15 Spook Rock Rod., Wesley Hills.