BY GEORGE J. DACRE
Director Peter Garruba has scheduled the auditions for “Squabbles” at Elmwood Playhouse in Nyack for Monday February 11 and Tuesday February 12 both at 7 p.m. Callbacks are Wednesday February 13 at 7 p.m. at the theatre on Park Street. He says the cast breakdown includes:
– Jerry Sloan; a 38-year-old jingle writer, open-minded, easy going and accepting of other’s faults. (Knowledge of the piano a plus, not mandatory).
– Alice Sloan: a 36-year-old attorney, Jerry’s wife. Smart, energetic and diplomatic.
– Abe Dreyfus: a 72-year-old, retired NYC cab driver, Alice’s father. Quick wit, sharp tongue, loves to argue. He’s disappointed in those who surrender too easily. Loves to win. Hates to lose. Abe lives with Jerry and Alice.
– Mildred Sloan: a 66-year-old music teacher, Jerry’s mother. As quick and as sharp as Abe, she can hold her own and then some.
– Hector Lopez: a Puerto Rican handyman. A pure soul, warm, honest, real, down to earth.
– Sol Wasserman: a 70-year-old retired pharmacist, friend and neighbor to Abe. Sol’s a nice man.
– Mrs. Fisher: a governess. She’s very stern and VERY strict, so don’t even think about it.
For more information contact Garruba at 914-841-1789 or firstname.lastname@example.org.