BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– Two Rockland County theatre people, Ricky Romona of Stony Point and T. Eric Collins of Spring Valley, are involved in an upcoming production of “A Little Night Music” at Whippoorwill Hall in the North Castle Library theatre at Armonk August 23 – 26. Romona is musical director for the show and Colllins is one of the Leiberslinger Singers. Little Radical Theatre is bringing the Steven Sondheim vehicle to the Armonk theatre as its summer offering. “A Little Night Music”‘ is called romantic and achingly beautiful and deals with the universal subject of love in all of it’s wondrous and humorous and ironic permutations.
– Pamela Moore and the Blackberry Blues Band, funk and blues, will be at the free summer concert series on the lawn in Sugarloaf, Orange County. On August 23 it will be Ava Rae Headley of Warwick, pop rock.
– A Tribute to Bobby Darin with Carl Thomas set for Westchester Broadway Theatre in Elmsford Monday, October 22. It is called “Live At The Copa” featuring songs Darin made famous at the Copa including Mack The Knife, Splish Splash, Beyond The Sea and more. Tickets: 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.
– Mario Cottone from “Sex And The City” booked for Levity Live at the Palisades Mll, West Nyack August 23 – 25.
– Country Rocker Jason Aldean with My Kinda Party Tour at Bethel Woods Center For The Arts Sunday, August 26. Special guests are Luke Bryan and Rachel Farley. Tickets at 1-800-745-3000.
– “Don’t Talk To The Actors” continues at Penguin Repertory in Stony Point. Next up will be “The How And The Why” a play by Sarah Treen October 5 through October 28. It is a provocative new play about sex and gender, nature and nurture. Tickets and
information at 845-786-2873 or penguinrep.org.
– Kosher Comedy Tour “Laughing From Right To Left” at SUNY Rockland Community Colllege, Suffern Saturday, September 22. Tickets at 845-786-2873 or penguinrep.org.
– A new play reading “Concealment” by Justin Paladino August 23 at 7;30 p.m. at Shades Repertory Theatre in Haverstraw. Information at 845-675-8044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.