BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– Cruisin’ For Kids, a classic car event and a fundraiser this year for 5-year-old Gabrielle DiCarlo of Tomkins Cove, will be August 4 at North Rockland High School in Thiells. Gabrielle has had several operations for a tumor and the family has great expenses. $20 a car will help and Ricky Romano and the Flat Five will entertain at the event. Food, games, prizes, raffles and much more and beautiful classic cars at the show.
– Antrim Players will have a barbecue September 14th at the opening of “I Hate Hamlet”, the start of Antrim’s 76th season, says Antrim President Marty Andreas.Bimonthly meetings will be conducted starting in September at the Playhouse in Wesley Hills.
– Sunday, July 29, 14 very talented teens will perform songs and dance from “Chorus Line,” “Dreamgirls,” “Spamalot,” Lady GaGa, Michael Buble and Elvis at Elmwood Playhouse in Nyack.Tickets at elmwoodplayhouse.com or 845-353-1313.
– Conductor James Laredo returns with virtuouso Jenifer Koh October 6 with the Westchester Philharmonic Orchestra at the Performing-Arts Center Purchase. Tickets at westchesterphil.org.
– Comic Kevin Meaney at the Turning Point Cafe, Piermont August 10 presented by Open Wide Productions with Jamie Rosen, host. Tickets at openwideproductions.com.
– “Don’t Talk To The Actors” by Nyack’s Tom Dudzick slated to open August 3 at Penguin Rep in Stony Point. It’s a backstage comedy with “Three’s Company” actor Richard Kline (Larry) and Beth Fowler reunited. Tickets at penguinrep.org or 845-786-2843.
– “Once Upon A Time” opens Thursday, July 19 at Fieldstone School, Thiells. All your favorite characters in a fantsasy musical. Tickets at the Photo Shoppe, Route 9W, West Haverstraw or 845 942 1113.
– “The Music Man” extended at Westchester Broadway Theatre, Elmsford August 3 through August 26. Tickets at 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.
– The group Back To The Garden July 29 at Town Of Haverstraw Summer Concerts. The Cameos August 2 and Average Bar Band August 9.
– Shepherd Longin reading his poem Jonah and Crawdaddy read by Noel Fernandez Friday, July 20 at Shades Repertory Theatre, Haverstraw. Tickets at email@example.com.
– The Piano Men Jeff Brewer as Billy Joel and Jeff Scott as Elton John at Westchester Broadway Theatre July 28. Tickets at 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.
– The James Naissmith Performing Arts Program for young performers at Elmwood Playhouse in Nyack Summer Theatre program will do “Grease” July 9 to 20 and “The Sound Of Music” July 23 to August 3 on the Elmwood Stage.Scholarships are available. Information at
– “Damn Yankees” comes to Antrim Playhouse in April, part of Antrim’s 76th season.”The Sunshine Boys” will follow in June. The season opener is “I Hate Hamlet” in September, “Dividing The Estate” in November, “Other People’s Money” in January and “Doubt” in March. Tickets and information at antrimplayhouse.com.
– Nyack Village Theatre says Ship Of Fools Productions will present Antics Roadshow, with all new material, this weekend Friday, July 20 at 8 and 10 p.m. and Saturday July 21 at 8 and 10 p.m. Information at nyackvillagetheatre.com.