BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– Rockland Theatre Company and Haverstraw Police Athletic League team up to present fairytale musical “Once Upon A Time.” The show will open at Fieldstone School, Thiells Thursday July 19, 7 p.m., and runs Friday, July 20, 7 p.m. and Saturday, July 21 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Barry Sabino, producer, says “Once Upon A Time” is a musical story about three young sisters who use their imagination to be transported into a fairytale world. Their musical journey ecomes complicated when the youngest sister loses her way and her sisters try to find her. Along the way, they meet various famous fairytale characters who may or may not help them find each other. An assortment of princesses, princes, fairy godmothers, ogres, witches, a scarecrow, tin man and lion are a few of the characters they encounter. Information on tickets at the Photo Shoppe in West Haverstraw. 845-942-1103 or 845-548-6699.
– Los Angeles comedienne Christina Pazsitsky is at the new Levity Live Comedy Club in the Palisades Mall July, 5 to 8. Tickets at 845-353-5400.
– “Prvate Eyes” with Tiffany Card, Keith Gilroy, Kirk Miller, Kevin Nagle and Andrea Pecorino opens July 13 at Elmwood Playhouse in Nyack. It will run through August 4. Tickets at elmwoodplayhouse.com or 845-353-1313.
– “The Music Man” presented by Family Youth Theatre of Westchester opens this week at Westchester Broadway Theatre in Elmsford. John Fanelli, director. Tickets at 914-592-2222 or broadway theatre.com.
– July 27, the deadline date for entries in the Nyack Film Festival presented by Sean Newman and Richard Quinn. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
– “Don’t Talk To The Actors” by Nyack’s Tom Dudzick is the show following up “Last Days of Mickey and Jean” at Penguin Rep in Stony Point. Show runs August 3 through August 26. Beth Fowler and Richard Kline (Larry from Three’s Company) are reunited. Directed by Tom Caruso. Tickets at penguinrep.org or 845-786-2873.
– Larry Chance and The Earls at the Knights of Collumbus 581 hall in West Haverstaw, October 19 at 7 p.m. Fifties dress optional. Tix at 845-826-5402. Dinner, food, beer and wine.
– Godfathers of Comedy, Saturday, July 7 at Westchester Broadway Theatre, Elmsford. Six of stand up commedies best Goombahs. Tickets at 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheater.com
– “Crawdaddy,” a new play reading by Noel Fernandez, at Shades Rep Theatre in Haverstraw July 26. For tickets or information 845-675-8044 or email@example.com
– Joe Cocker and Huey Lewis at Bethel Center For The Arts, August 5 at 7:30 p.m. 1-800-745-3000.