BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– “Big Bang Theory” actress Mayim Bialik will be guest speaker at the Rockland County Women’s Philanthropy meeting Thursday, May 31 at Town & Country, Route 9W in Congers. The event is sposored by the Jewish Federation of Rockland County. Bialik is a parenting author and neuroscientist. Tickets and information 845 362 4200 ext 133 or www.jewishrockland.org.
– “Hairspray” runs through June 3 at the Westchester Broadway Theatre in Elmsford. “George M” opens June 7 and runs through July 1. Tickets at 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.
– “The Tree on Lombard Street” is on at The Haverstraw Youth Theatre June 1 and 2, both shows at 8 p.m. The spring play is written and directed by Samuel Harps and is the story of a young woman befriended by an elderly woman who has an emotional attachment to a tree in her back yard. Tickets at 845-675-8044.
– Audition orientation fotr the Hudson Valley Teen Summer Theatre set for June 6 at 7 p.m. at Clarkstown South High School. Auditions for roles in “Rent” to be produced by the Teen Theatre program in August are set for June 26 at the high school. Information at 845-548-1656 or www.hvtst.org.
– The Annual Tribute To Our Heroes Concert with the North Carolina based Folsom Prison Gang is on Sunday, June 3 at Suffern High School. It is sponsored by the Town of Ramapo. Concert time is 1:20 p.m. Tickets at the Ramapo Supervisors office.
– “The Hound Of The Baskervilles” continues it’s run at Penguin Repertory, Stony Point. The mystery-comedy runs through June 10. Tickets at 845-786-2873 or penguinrep.org.
– Auditions for roles in “Living Out” at Elmwood Playhose are on for Monday, June 11 and Tuesday, June 12 both at 7 p.m. Check elmwoodplayhouse.com for information on roles.
– Terry Kitchen and Mara Levine open the Bluegrass performance at Borderline Music Club Sunday, June 3 at 2 p.m. Virginia-based Travers Chandler and Avery County will be featured.Tickets at 845-354-4586 or borderlinefolkmusicclub,org.
– Brad Paisley at “The Escape” at Bethel Woods Center For The Arts Friday, August 10. The show will feature the Band Perry and Scott McCreery. Tickets at bethelcenter.org.