BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– Fishcakes and The Fried Daddies who play acoustic, swing and blues music booked for Saturday, March 3, 8 p.m. at the 76 House in Tappan.Good Time music. Information at 845-359-5476.
– Westchester Broadway Theatre in Elmsford is seeking actors for auditions for the ensemble and dancers (understudies) for Hairspray to be produced at WBT this season. Auditions set for March 6 at Nola Studios at 250 West 45th Street in NYC. Separate Equity auditions call March 5 (salary). See notice in Backstages.
– Richard Quinn presents a celebration of Irish Poetry by James Joyce, Oscar Wilde, W.B. Yeats, Eavan Boland, Paul Muldoon and Katherine Tynan, March 16 at 8 and 10 p.m. and March 17 at 8 and 10 p.m. Nyack Village Theatre, 94 Main Street, Nyack. 845-826-2639.
– A Soldiers Play next on tap at Elmwood Playhouse, Burd Street in Nyack. Opens March 9. Tickets at 845-353-1313 or elmwoodplayhouse.com.
– Armonk Players auditions for Neil Simon’s “Fools,” directed by Pia Haas, will be March 13 and 14 at 7 p.m. at the Hergenham Recreation Center, Armonk. Roles for 7 males and 3 females. Call Pia at 914 261 4466 or Tracy at 914 772 0973. Production in June.
– Rockland Theatre Company presenting Rock ‘n Romance February 23, 24, 25 and 26 in a Saturday Dinner Theatre at Central Presbyterian Church, Haverstraw. 845-942-1103 or rocktheatre.com.
– Irish Cabaret at Westchester Broadway Theatre, Elmsford March 6, dinner and show with Noel Ginnity, Emer Hartnett, Paul Hennessy,Singer Andrew McCarty and Irish dancers. 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.
-The West Point Band’s Chamber Music series continues March 4 at 3 p.m. with a Percussion Ensemble recital” The Art of Noises.’ The concert is free and open to the public at the Eisenhower Hall Ballroom at the USMA at West Point. 845-938-2617 or westpointband.com.
– The musical “Alice In Wonderland” will be at the Lycian Theatre for the Performing Arts, Sugarloaf March 10 at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. 845-469-2287.
– The new Gershwin musical “S’Wonderful” opens at Westchester Broadway Theatre March 1 through March 25. 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com.