Individuals are invited to make nominations for the 26th County Executive Arts Awards. The County Executive Arts Awards is a collaboration of the Rockland County Executive and the Arts Council of Rockland (ACOR). Its goal is to celebrate the role that art plays in the life of Rockland County and to acknowledge the individuals and organizations bringing art into our daily lives. Orange and Rockland Utilities is the Primary Corporate Sponsor of the 2012 County Executive Arts Awards.
Nominees must also either be a/an:
· Arts Educator (art/music/literary/dance/theater teacher);
· Arts Organization – (Rockland-based organization or group whose primary focus is artistic and/or cultural);
· Literary Artist (novelist, poet, journalist, essayist, etc.);
· Performing Artist (actor, musician, vocalist, dancer, storyteller, etc.);
· Supporter of the Arts (individual, couple, group, club, business – for-profit or non-profit – which has made a significant contribution to the artistic and/or cultural life of Rockland County);
· Visual Artist (painter, sculptor, filmmaker, videographer, etc.).
Nomination forms and further information can be downloaded at www.artscouncilofrockland.org. Nominations must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.