U.S. Congresswoman Nan Hayworth, M.D., (NY-19) is hosting a jobs fair for job seekers in the Hudson Valley next Monday, November 14, 2011 at the Fishkill Recreation Center in Fishkill, New York. The jobs fair is free and the public is encouraged to attend.
Scheduled to attend Hayworth’s jobs fair are Hudson Valley employers seeking new hires in a wide range of fields including health care, manufacturing, technology, financial and retail agencies. Employment assistance organizations will also be present to provide career counseling and advice. In addition to meeting with prospective employers, job seekers are encouraged to participate in a variety of workshops and informational seminars focusing on interview skills, resume writing, networking and job search information.
More information on participating employers, supporting organizations and seminars can be located on Congresswoman Hayworth’s website at http://hayworth.house.gov/jobs. A list of confirmed employers who are registered to participate, as well as the schedule of seminars and workshops, can be found below.
Who: Congresswoman Nan Hayworth, M.D. (NY-19)
What: Jobs Fair hosted by Congresswoman Nan Hayworth, M.D.
When: November 14, 2011 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Congresswoman Hayworth to make opening remarks 9:15 a.m.
Where: Fishkill Recreation Center, 793 Route 52, Fishkill, NY 12524
Note: If you are an employer interested in participating, please contact Maureen Natrella at (845) 206-0738
Adams Fairacre Farms
Brenner Builders and Associates, Inc.
Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corporation
Child Care Council of Dutchess and Putnam Inc.
Gold’s Gym Hudson Valley
Health Quest (Putnam Hospital Center/Vassar Brothers Med. Center/ Northern Dutchess Hospital)
Healthy Home Energy and Consulting
Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union
Hudson Valley Hospital Center
Integrated Financial Partners, Inc.
Mount Kisco Medical Group
MTA Metro-North Railroad
Northern Westchester Hospital
Phelps Memorial Hospital
Precision Pipeline Solutions
Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute
St. Luke’s Cornwall Hospital
Time Warner Cable
U.S. Air Force
U.S. Air Force Reserve
U.S. Coast Guard
U.S. Customs and Border Protection
WellCare Health Plans, Inc.
Scheduled Seminars and Workshops:
· 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. – “Advanced Interviewing Techniques and Job Search Strategy for a Challenging Job Market,” presented by Carol Heady and Ellyn Enisman
· 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – “Putting Your Best Foot Forward – Perspective from the Recruiter,” presented by Gordon McAleer
· 11:30 a.m. – 12: 30 p.m. – “Developing Brand Recognition in Your Job Search,” presented by Rob Zanfardino
· 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. – “End Procrastination NOW,” presented by Skip Wesiman
· 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – “Re-tooling your skills with Ridley-Lowell,” offering resume critiquing located on the job fair floor, presented by Katrina Gobins
· 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. – “How to Manage Stress in Uncertain Times,” located on the job fair floor, presented by Ellen Smith