Yonkers, NY – Empire City Casino is teaming up with the City of Yonkers Department of Veterans Services to host a “Hire a Hero” job fair for area employers and service men and women returning from overseas looking to re-enter the workforce. The veterans-only job fair will take place in the third floor Good Time Room at Empire City Casino on Thursday, November 17 from 1-6 p.m.
A diverse range of over 60 tri-state area employers, including the recent additions of Con Edison and Konica Minolta, will be on hand to find new talent among the hundreds of veterans slated to attend.
Empire City Casino is underwriting the cost of the job fair for hiring employers to encourage businesses of all sizes to participate. The men and women who have bravely served in our armed forces will have the opportunity to network, interview and engage with employers from all sectors of industry. Among some of the additional employers signed up and the industries represented include:
· Business/IT: Cintas Corporation, Konica Minolta, Ricoh USA
· Construction/Utilities: Con Edison, Northeast Regional Council of Carpenters, Murphy Brothers Contracting, Durante Rentals, Suez NA, Celtic Building Supplies
· Cultural Institutions: New York Public Library
· Financial Services/Banking: Tompkins Mahopac Bank, Santander Bank, Prudential Financial, New York Life, New York Community Bank
· Government: US Customs and Border Protection, Department of Civil Service
· Hospitality: Westchester Marriott, Empire City Casino
· Law Enforcement: Yonkers Fire Department, Yonkers Police Department, FDNY, Metropolitan Correctional Center New York
· Non-Profit/Small Business: Search for Change, R.A.I.N. Total Care, San Signs & Awnings, GoodTemps Staffing
· Retail/Supermarkets: Duane Reade, Shoprite Supermarket, Home Depot, H&M
· Transportation: 511NY Rideshare, Advance Transit Co, Metro North, GVC TLD Bus and Transit, Empress Ambulance Services, Empire Harley-Davidson, Liberty Lines
“We owe these young men and women a debt we’ll never be able to repay,” said Timothy Rooney, owner and operator of Empire City Casino. “This is our way of saying thank you and our way of giving other employers a way to show their gratitude as well.”
In addition to the discipline, dedication and tireless work ethic that veterans possess, there are many benefits in hiring a veteran for employers. Employers may be eligible for thousands of dollars in several state and/orfederal tax incentives depending on the hire and type of position.
For more information on the Veterans Job Fair and to pre-register, please visit EmpireCityCasino.com/Veterans. Veterans must present their DD214 or military identification, along with a valid government-issued photo ID, to participate in the job fair.