Building Owner Fined for Carbon Monoxide Violations, Four Months After Tenant Collapsed

Facebook Twitter Plusone Pinterest Linkedin Tumblr Digg Email

Emergency responders were called to 10 Jay St. in Spring Valley, New York, after a carbon monoxide leak caused a tenant to collapse on June 2, 2016. On Wednesday Aug. 24 the Rockland Board of Health fined the building’s owner, Mattis Fried of The Rashby Trust, for four violations including lack of working carbon monoxide and smoke detectors. County Executive Ed Day believes making landlords pay is the best deterrent to prevent health violations. “Unfortunately, the only way some landlords learn is by hitting them in the wallet,” he said.

Facebook Twitter Plusone Pinterest Linkedin Tumblr Digg Email