Clarkstown South High School is performing its annual musical this weekend. Take a trip back to time of Gershwin and prohibition with “Nice Work if You Can Get It.”
Student performers are promising laughs galore for the crow this week.
SHOWING FRIDAY 4/15 & SATURDAY 4/16 @ 8 p.m. and SUNDAY 4/17 @ 2 p.m.
Show promoters offered five good reasons you should see “Nice Work” this weekend
1. Comedy: Lots of Laughs. Get ready to laugh! From slap-stick comedy to very clever dialogue, the most unexpected aspect of this show is the hilarious comedic timing. If you need a lighthearted, good laugh, this is definitely the show for you.
2. Set during the Prohibition Era: Alcohol is illegal. Secret speakeasys and bootlegging are at its peak and anti-alcohol activists are on the lookout. What could go wrong? Well, when a woman bootlegger and a wealthy playboy cross paths, it’s only the beginning of a hilarious journey.
3. Gershwin Tunes: “Nice Work if You Can Get It” has a treasure trove of George and Ira Gershwin’s most beloved, instantly recognizable tunes, including “But Not For Me,” “Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off,” “I’ve Got a Crush on You” and “Someone to Watch Over Me.” Get ready to dance in your seat and sing along with all of the songs you already know!
4. Lots of Incredible Dancing: From the Charleston to the shimmy, this show has all of your favorite 1920s-30s dance moves with several big dance numbers! Lots of glitz and glamor! Want a sneak peek of the show? Click here to see!
5. Cast of Characters: A feisty woman bootlegger with her 2 bootlegging coworkers, a “head-in-the-clouds” wealthy playboy, a self-obsessed fiancé, an anti-alcohol senator and his activist sister, and lots of girls and glamour make up a cast of different and hilarious characters!