BY GEORGE J. DACRE
– The Rockland Symphony Orchestra is starting the 2016 season with a fundraiser with the Madkoi Quartet, which is, as they say, making waves in NYC and elsewhere with their interpretations of classical and contemporary music. The event is set for February 7 at 4 p.m. at the Piermont Reformed Church, Piermont. The program will include music by Antonin Dvorak, Alexander Borodin and Astor Piazzolla. Call 845-709-1451 or go to rocklandsymphony orchestra.org.
– Love For Tim bowling fundraiser to benefit Terri and Doug Marcoux, members of Volunteer Hose Company #2 battling multiple sclerosis. Call Peggy at 845-304-4853.
– Frank Vignola and Vinny Ramoli, guitarists performing at the Rockland Music Conservatory Saturday, January 9, 7 p.m. at 45 South Main Street, Pearl River. Call 845-356-1522 extension 108.
– Third Annual ArtsRock Puppet Festival featuring Rick Lyon, Skye Leith and Jill Liflander Sunday, January 17, 3 p.m. at the Nyack Center.
– The Westchester Philharmonic with conductor Ted Sperling leading and explaining Mozart, Golijov and Mendelsohn Sunday, February 7, 3 p.m. at the Purchase College Performing Arts Center. The Friends and Family concert will feature opera star Dawn Upshaw of Mt. Vernon. Call 914-682-3707 extension 15.
– Kashmir brings the Led Zeppelin experience to the Newton, N.J. Theater Saturday, March 26 at 8 p.m. Tickets at 973-383-3700. Judy Collins March 6.
Garner Arts Center opening its doors in January to every fourth grade student in the North Rockland School District to tour the center and visit working artists studios reinstating it’s Encounters With The Arts program. Call 845-947-7108 or visit Christine@garnerartscenter.org
“Urinetown, The Musical” at the Inserra Theater at St. Joseph Regional High School, Montvale January 20 weekends through January 30. Information at SJRTheaterTickets@gmail.com.
– “Show Boat” in January back at the Westchester Broadway Theatre, Elmsford. Always Patsy Cline coming in February. Visit broadwaytheatre.com or call 914-592-2222.
– “Harvey” opening at Elmwood Playhouse, Nyack January 15. Call 845-353-1313.
– “Black History month celebrated at Shades Repertory Theatre, Haverstraw in February featuring Samuel Harps’ story of “The Death Of King Shotaway” shadesrep.com for information.
– The Blind Boys of Alabama/Dirty Dozen Brass Band at Tarrytown Music Hall, Tarrytown January 15. Call 877-840-0457.