The Rockland County Department of Public Transportation has announced transit service schedules during the holidays. On December 25th and January 1st, Transport of Rockland (TOR) buses will operate Sunday service. TAPPAN ZEExpress (TZx) and TRIPS paratransit buses will not operate. Go to rocklandbus.com for a complete list of holiday transit schedules serving Rockland County.
Thursday, December 24 and December 31:
- TOR and TZx buses will operate regular weekday schedules. Some TZx departures from Tarrytown will depart later than normal to coordinate with re-scheduled Hudson Line trains.
- TRIPS paratransit buses will operate regular weekday service.
- Clarkstown Mini Trans and Spring Valley Jitney will operate regular weekday service.
- Coach USA’s Rockland Coaches express routes from Manhattan to Rockland will operate early getaway service on both December 24 and 31. Route #45 will begin at 1:30 p.m.; Route #47 will begin at 2:30 p.m. and Route #49 will begin at 2:15 p.m. On New Year’s Eve, route #11A and #20 will offer later departures than normal from Port Authority Terminal to Rockland. Go to coachusa.com or call 201-263-1254.
- Coach USA Express (Shortline) bus service from the Exit 14 Park & Ride lot will operate a modified schedule from Exit 14 in the morning and in the afternoon on both days. Early getaway afternoon buses from Manhattan will be added at 2 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. from 56th St. & 5th Ave. and at 2 p.m. from Wall Street. Go to shortlinebus.com or call 1-800- 631-8405.
- Coach USA Shortline between Suffern and Manhattan will operate regular service.
- Monsey Trails commuter buses will operate regular service. Go to monseybus.com or call 1-800-510-5100.
- Metro-North Hudson Line will operate early getaway service beginning at 12 noon, with trains added and some trains combined. A regular weekday evening schedule resumes after 8:15 p.m. Special Holiday schedules can be found at mta.info.
- New Jersey Transit Pascack Valley Line will operate an early getaway train departing Penn Station at 2:51 p.m. and Hoboken at 2:58 p.m. The train that normally departs Penn Station at 7:13 p.m. and Hoboken at 7:20 p.m. will be cancelled. The NJT Main Bergen Line early getaway train departs Penn Station at 2:39 p.m. and Hoboken at 2:45 p.m. The train that normally departs Penn Station at 6:03 p.m. and Hoboken at 6:11 p.m. will be cancelled. On New Year’s Eve, NJT train service will be adjusted again. Go to njtransit.com.
- The Haverstraw-Ossining Ferry will operate an early ferry to meet the 2:51 p.m. train departure from Grand Central Terminal to Ossining. Go to mta.info or call 511.
Friday, December 25 and January 1:
- TOR buses will operate Sunday service on TOR routes #59, #91, #92, #93 and Loops #1, #2 and #3; no service on TOR routes #94, #95 or #97.
- TZx, Coach USA Express (Shortline), Clarkstown Mini-Trans and Spring Valley Jitney buses will not operate.
- TRIPS paratransit buses will operate A.D.A. service only.
- Coach USA Rockland Coaches will operate Sunday service and Coach USA (Shortline) buses will operate holiday service.
- Monsey Trails commuter buses will operate holiday service.
- Metro-North trains will operate hourly service on Hudson Line trains.
- NJ Transit trains will operate weekend service.
- The Haverstraw-Ossining ferry will not operate.
Saturday, December 26th and January 2nd:
- TOR, TZx and all transit systems in Rockland will operate regular Saturday schedules.
Visit rocklandbus.com for TOR and TAPPAN ZEExpress schedules and links to all transit systems. Call the Transit Information Center at 845-364-3333, Monday through Friday, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., for trip planning assistance. The Center will be closed on December 25 and January 1.