There are many opportunities to donate your time or resources to help the Sandy recovery efforts, both in Rockland and beyond. Here are just a few.
1)Nanuet Fire Department is taking food and clothing donations, and they are making a run to Breezy Point Sunday. The firehouse is located at 7 Prospect Street Nanuet, call 845-623-0251 for more information.
2)You can donate money for North Rockland relief at: http://northrocklandchamber.org/
3) Stony Point Presbyterian or the Stony Point Center is collecting donations for the people of Bar Mar Park and other famiiles from Beach Road, River Road, etc. NEEDED: Healthy snacks, Peanut Butter, Jelly, Juice boxes, bread, games for the kids.
4) Efforts by the federal government: http://www.disasterassistance.gov/
5) If you are in need of help with clean up from volunteers or looking to volunteer time in Stony Point you can call 845-429-4153 for further advice.
6) The NR Kids Closet (47 East Main St Stony Point) will be open for hurricane victims (specifically Grassy Point & Ba Mar) from 12:30-2:30 p.m. on Sunday, volunteers are welcome.
7) The Red Cross is accepting donations here: https://www.redcross.org/donate/index.jsp?donateStep=2&itemId=prod10002
8) Ten Doves Charity is accepting donations here:
Or you can mail checks and money orders made payable to Ten Doves Charity:
Ten Doves Charity
5100 W. Eldorado Pkwy. #102-732
Mckinney, TX 75070
(include return mailing address or email address for tax receipt)
9) The Salvation Army
Donations to the Salvation Army can be made at https://donate.salvationarmyusa.org/disaster