On Tuesday, October 2, a federally evaluated exercise will be conducted at the Indian Point Energy Center (IPEC). The exercise will be evaluated by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). The emergency response plans of New York State, the counties of Orange, Putnam, Rockland and Westchester, and the plants’ licensee – Entergy – will be evaluated.
Public safety officials from New York State and the counties of Orange, Putnam, Rockland and Westchester encourage media professionals to visit the following websites for information about IPEC and the plans that have been developed to protect the public in the event of an emergency at IPEC. The off-site organizations that support the plans are also available to provide further information upon request.
Additional information on emergency planning, radiation, and Indian Point can be found on the following websites:
· Joint Information Center: http://www.nyalert.gov/IP_Home.aspx
· Westchester County: http://keepingsafe.westchestergov.com/indian-point
· Rockland County: http://www.co.rockland.ny.us/Fire/indian_point.html
· Orange County: http://www.orangecountygov.com
· Putnam County: http://www.pcbes.org/ipec/index.htm
· Entergy: http://www.safesecurevital.org